Stay Or Leave The Philippines? Your Thoughts Please. So Confused!

aiden9991

bob the builder

Ozepete think you will find the smart ones stayed as the never got caught...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aiden9991

• smokey

• Bama

• Jester

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hey wait a minute.  i go to high end men's salons frequently.  oh...shit.   maybe i should have kept that to myself.   how do i edit? 

Google says -- " High End Mens Salon "  - usually a reference to an establishment frequented by gay men .   I wouldnt be worried either ! 

Not necessarily a good idea, IMHO, especially if the husband is quite a bit older than the Filipina asawa. Filipinas who've been living in North America, Europe or Australia for quite some time -

oztony

Alright we have established that according to "bob the builder" the Aussies are a lesser species , so let's get back on topic please folks ...no more tit for tat comments or I feel Roger will be coming along to "clean things up"....

Thanks in advance gents ...let's all move on from this point forward..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
shadow
1 hour ago, oztony said:

Alright we have established that according to "bob the builder" the Aussies are a lesser species , so let's get back on topic please folks ...no more tit for tat comments or I feel Roger will be coming along to "clean things up"....

Thanks in advance gents ...let's all move on from this point forward..... 

Perhaps Bob is related to "Wreck it Ralph"! Evil twin?

The bottom line is, we all have different circumstances, and what is right for one's family is not necessarily right for the next family. The OP is wise to get varying opinions and experiences, in order to make an informed decision before making any major life changes for his family.

Personally, after being here 15 years, and having no marketable skills in the US, I could not imagine trying to assimilate back into US society. I can spell disaster, and I think that would be it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan
On 12/7/2018 at 11:10 AM, aiden9991 said:

but I still feel unsettled at times

This strikes me as telling a bit.  We all get an occasional niggle here but the fact you mention it and after 10 years makes me wonder how comfortable you really are here? I go back to the US every couple years and I'm ok there but when I get back here I feel like i'm home again. Just something to ponder.  Where do you feel more comfortable? 

• Like 2
Semper paratus

To the OP. Will you regret it the rest of your life if you don't try it ? Can you go back alone and line up a job and bring the family later when that pans out ?  You'll always have the naysayers, but the final decision is yours. Best wishes.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

To the OP. Will you regret it the rest of your life if you don't try it ? Can you go back alone and line up a job and bring the family later when that pans out ?  You'll always have the naysayers, but the final decision is yours. Best wishes.

I am actually returning with wife (on a visit visa) and 2 kids for 6 months. I am going to work for 6 months and see how it all goes. 
My parents have a huge enough house so we will be staying with them for 6 months. The decide on the best course..

If we do decide to stay then wife will need to return to the Ph in order to file spouse visa. Needs to be done outside the country. 
Honestly its very likely I will return to the Ph In July/Aug.

My kids will enroll in school Feb time and they will finish school in July for the summer vacation so it will give us enough time to make a firm decision. I believe I can always return to the UK in the future once kiddos start to grow. 
My heart is definitely in the PH. I have all the roots here but at times feel troubled and insecure due to having no solid safety net. I know that being in the UK their is always that net in terms of welfare, nhs and so on.

• Like 1

Since I will be leaving the Ph. for 6 months , will it cause any issues for my 13a visa?

or am I good as gold?

Edited by aiden9991
SkyMan
36 minutes ago, aiden9991 said:

Since I will be leaving the Ph. for 6 months , will it cause any issues for my 13a visa?

or am I good as gold?

If you can pay your AR before you go you're fine.  If you're leaving this month then pay the AR immediately on return.  There should be no fine if you were gone over Jan-Feb.   No way to pay while you're out of the country.

• Like 1

<<<<<<<

Morente also said: "For aliens who are not in the Philippines during the annual reporting period, they shall make the report within 30 days from the date of their return to the country, provided they have valid re-entry permits."
>>>>>

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/12/26/1771898/bi-orders-resident-foreigners-report-annual-registration

2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

If you can pay your AR before you go you're fine.  If you're leaving this month then pay the AR immediately on return.  There should be no fine if you were gone over Jan-Feb.   No way to pay while you're out of the country.

I am leaving on the 2nd of Feb.  So i shall pay my annual report in Jan. 

• Like 1

It will be seriously nice to hear similar situations and stories from other expats in my situation. How and what did you decide? How easy or difficult it was for you. Certainly everyone's circumstance are rather unique.

smokey

Well gee all us old farts will say stay but then i cant rember 37 years old too many wives ago . staying here is easy if you have enough money to smooth out the rough parts there is nothing wrong in leaving you are not failing heck my wife lives 10 months a year in usa because she said she hates traffic and is tired of malls and sun burns her skin

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2
SkyMan

When I moved here I figured I'd give it 5 years and decide.  5 years was up almost 6 years ago. But I know things change so we may make a new plan in a year or two. 

• Like 4