aiden9991

Stay Or Leave The Philippines? Your Thoughts Please. So Confused!

petecebu
12 minutes ago, aiden9991 said:

Yes figured it out.

I wired the money from my wifes bpi account to the uk. Approx few 4,000 gbp. For some reason bdo didnt allow it with mu peso account. They required i open a usd account with a min bal. Of 10,000 . The rest of it im going to hand carry approx 4,000gbp. I believe I'm legally allowed to carry max  10,000usd.

The rest of it leave it here in the account.

Im sure there are alternatives however i felt the most secure method was bank to bank transfer.

Good luck ..where in UK you heading to?

bigpearl
5 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

hey wait a minute.  i go to high end men's salons frequently. 

oh...shit.   maybe i should have kept that to myself.   how do i edit? 

Golly gosh perhaps all my years at the barbers for 50 P are wasted? Mind you there are some sexy barbers out there, probably not game to visit a high end mens salon or divorce might be in the air.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

aiden9991
2 hours ago, petecebu said:

Good luck ..where in UK you heading to?

Lancashire

• Like 1

petecebu
1 minute ago, aiden9991 said:

Lancashire

ee lad, well a go foot of our stairs..lol...

know it well 

What part?  

• Like 1

oztony
7 hours ago, bob the builder said:

Dont listen to much to people comparing living expense

The whole conversation was started by the OP to get varying opinions ...pro's and con's ...I believe "living expense" would indeed factor into that scenario here , going back to the UK after a 10 year absence with no trade or professional qualifications after BPO  work in the Philippines (not saying this is the case , but another scenario) could create some very real hardships in regards to getting set up and being in a secure position ...everything is relative here.. own wealth , wealthy supportive family ..ability to secure decent paying work ...

My wife has been in Aus. for nearly 16 years but for the first 2 years all she wanted was to go home , there a lot of adjustments for people to make when deciding to live/move their family to another country ...for a guy moving to the Philippines to be with his wife/partner is relatively easy .................compared to the other way around , unless they are able to find a good support base when they arrive ..ie other Filipina's that are grounded and stable , and Kabisay hit the nail on the head with his earlier post as to what can go wrong ....

5 hours ago, aiden9991 said:

I understand that children do in fact come first but not at the expense of being miserable in the UK.

I rest my case.............

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

aiden9991
43 minutes ago, petecebu said:

ee lad, well a go foot of our stairs..lol...

know it well 

What part?  

Rishton haha

petecebu
11 minutes ago, aiden9991 said:

Rishton haha

ok...near Blackburn....nice.

good luck your 'venture'. Really hope it goes well for you, all the best.

• Like 1

bob the builder

Oz tony i was giving my opinion that living expencesin uk are not massivly different to here, i spend about a 1000 quid a month here when in the uk costs about 1300 quid a month here my income is zero uk 6000 a month not complicated to figure out even for an australian is it.

oztony
5 hours ago, bob the builder said:

Oz tony i was giving my opinion that living expencesin uk are not massivly different to here, i spend about a 1000 quid a month here when in the uk costs about 1300 quid a month here my income is zero uk 6000 a month

This is your circumstances , there could be a great deal of difference to some one else's particular circumstances , I am not disputing your figures in regards to your circumstances..

6 hours ago, bob the builder said:

not complicated to figure out even for an australian is it.

Ah , OK , do you really think that was necessary ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ozepete
1 hour ago, oztony said:

This is your circumstances , there could be a great deal of difference to some one else's particular circumstances , I am not disputing your figures in regards to your circumstances..

Ah , OK , do you really think that was necessary ? 

Better tell Bob that many very smart Poms have come to Australia, and the smarter they are the sooner they came!  :as-if:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

bob the builder

Ozepete think you will find the smart ones stayed as the never got caught...

oztony

Alright we have established that according to "bob the builder" the Aussies are a lesser species , so let's get back on topic please folks ...no more tit for tat comments or I feel Roger will be coming along to "clean things up"....

Thanks in advance gents ...let's all move on from this point forward..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

shadow
1 hour ago, oztony said:

Alright we have established that according to "bob the builder" the Aussies are a lesser species , so let's get back on topic please folks ...no more tit for tat comments or I feel Roger will be coming along to "clean things up"....

Thanks in advance gents ...let's all move on from this point forward..... 

Perhaps Bob is related to "Wreck it Ralph"! Evil twin?

The bottom line is, we all have different circumstances, and what is right for one's family is not necessarily right for the next family. The OP is wise to get varying opinions and experiences, in order to make an informed decision before making any major life changes for his family.

Personally, after being here 15 years, and having no marketable skills in the US, I could not imagine trying to assimilate back into US society. I can spell disaster, and I think that would be it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
On 12/7/2018 at 11:10 AM, aiden9991 said:

but I still feel unsettled at times

This strikes me as telling a bit.  We all get an occasional niggle here but the fact you mention it and after 10 years makes me wonder how comfortable you really are here? I go back to the US every couple years and I'm ok there but when I get back here I feel like i'm home again. Just something to ponder.  Where do you feel more comfortable? 

• Like 2

JohnSurrey

Good luck... not sure what's it like north of Watford