Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

Wife became a US Citizen… at last! For those who are contemplating K-visa…

Anthonytt
20 hours ago, Highlighter said:

Is this the case for all nationalities? I refer to Australian in particular

Ahhhh....sorry. 

papimafioso69

That's great news . USCIS has not issued my wife's 10 yr. green card . Did the Bio in Aug. and still no update on her status  . Hope it comes before Sept. of 2019 because we should be moving to the PI

Salty Dog
2 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

That's great news . USCIS has not issued my wife's 10 yr. green card . Did the Bio in Aug. and still no update on her status  . Hope it comes before Sept. of 2019 because we should be moving to the PI

From start to finish, my wife's took about 16 months, Sept 2014 to Jan 2016.

Even had to go get an extension in her Passport because the automatic 1 year extension expired.

If you're moving to the Philippines, why even mess with getting one?

shadow
2 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

Some of the service centers are now taking 15-18 months to process a green card now.

papimafioso69
16 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

From start to finish, my wife's took about 16 months, Sept 2014 to Jan 2016.

Even had to go get an extension in her Passport because the automatic 1 year extension expired.

If you're moving to the Philippines, why even mess with getting one?

She's been in the States for 3 yrs. now . The two year green card and then the Bio process . 

miles-high
7 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

She's been in the States for 3 yrs...

Perhaps, she should apply for the citizenship... it would take only 5, 6 months...

• Like 1

shadow
49 minutes ago, miles-high said:

Perhaps, she should apply for the citizenship... it would take only 5, 6 months...

The list of those who have later regretted not doing so while they had the chance, is long.

• Like 4

Salty Dog

My wife just got this notice:

On December 27, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

The interview is usually scheduled about a month ahead of time. If all goes well, the oath is usually 2-4 weeks later. 

Her date of filling was May 16th. Her biometrics notice was May 19th and completed June 18th.

So if all goes well. She is probably looking at around 9 months total.

• Like 4

papimafioso69

It's kinda funny that your wife got her Citizenship in 9 months . The US web site says she has to be married to you with her  green card for no less than 3 years if your the spouse of a US citizen . Five years if your not married .. 

• Confused 3

Salty Dog
46 minutes ago, papimafioso69 said:

It's kinda funny that your wife got her Citizenship in 9 months . The US web site says she has to be married to you with her  green card for no less than 3 years if your the spouse of a US citizen . Five years if your not married .. 

That's 9 months from application date for Naturalization. She didn’t apply until she had already met the 3 year requirement. 

Salty Dog

Wife passed interview today and has her Oath in 5 days on 2/12/2019.

He didn't even ask to see a single original document or her passport. Just her green card.

From start to finish it took a few days short of nine months.

Just in time because her Philippines Passport expires in April. She should have her US Passport before then.

• Like 3

goggleye

My wife sent her application for adjustment of status in late September  -  she recently received her notice of appointment on March 5 for her green card  interview .

• Like 2

Salty Dog

My wife is now a US citizen.

Start to finish it took 272 Days.

Onc.jpg

• Like 1

SkyMan
9 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

My wife is now a US citizen.

Start to finish it took 272 Days.

After the 3 years, right?

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

After the 3 years, right?

Yes. Total time in the US is now 4 yrs 2.5 months.

• Like 1