lolhahaha

I have found an 850000 Peso TV here but not a single 4K Blu Ray player?

lolhahaha

A few months ago I got a nice 4K curved Samsung TV for our house. We play our Nintendo Switch, skycable, Netflix, and my laptop movies from torrents on it. It looks great and upscales all the lower res stuff so it actually kind of looks HD even though its just standard. Our internet isn't really fast enough to download BluRay quality new movies so I thought it would be good to buy some, my laptop even has a bluray burner on it and I brought some of my own from the US last year.

We are taking a couple weeks vacation here in Manila and have been doing a lot of shopping. She's got all the clothes for all the people in her family that she can think about shoving into 2 suitcases. We've got a new Karaoke machine too, I've even found a place that sells a lot of BluRay movies for 199p-500p. All the movies are under 10 bucks and they are actual blurays not bs. I think they are having problems selling them because the original price stickers on all these movies is 1600-2000p.

I'd like to find a 4k player though without buying a PS4 because we are going back to the US soon and by the time we get back there will probably already be the PS5 so why? Oh and the PS4 Pro which is the only one with 4k costs 30000p while it's under 20K in the US with free games included. Nobody in Manila is selling 4K bluray players that I have been able to find though and it really doesn't make sense. The SM Appliance in Megamall has at least 50 different 4k 65" and up TV's hanging on walls that sell for over 70000 pesos. Most of them are 150000 or more. There was one LG TV that is 850000 Pesos. Yet the same store sell one tiny off brand bluray player for 4000 pesos.

So my question is, WTF are people here that buy these extremely expensive UHD TV's with 4k, HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, etc. watching on them?

Does all that stuff really make your Magic Sing Karoake look that much better?

Edited by lolhahaha

Enuff

Import one

Amazon has one for p9300 deliveredd436be444d0b1e68f62491e2d46f81b7.jpg

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Cgu
1 hour ago, lolhahaha said:

So my question is, WTF are people here that buy these extremely expensive UHD TV's with 4k, HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, etc. watching on them?

Good question. There is very little 4k content nowadays even in developed countries. 

In the Philippines it does not make sense to buy 4k UHD.

• Like 1

lolhahaha

Oh I know that I can order one online but I wanted to actually use it before we leave the country next month. Also I'd prefer to be able to at least see some of them in a store to compare and being in one of the most populated cities on the entire planet I thought, wrong apparently, that there would be a bunch of them to see so I got excited considering that they do sell all of the TV's up to 85" and have single speakers for over 100000 pesos a piece. Dude imagine all the stereo's and theater setup's like in Tokyo, or NOT. It's big ugly stereo 2 channel speakers with 4k Dvd or bust here in Manila even.

It's actually kind of hilarious that they don't have them because the people buying the TV's must feel slightly retarded and the tv stores mostly have just 4k tvs now. I would also be one of them if I didn't already have blurays and a laptop that plays them. I'd just rather not have to run an I7 Nvidia 1080 laptop all the time just to watch movies. The electric bill from that thing is at least 3 times my Air conditioner running 24/7. The Blu-ray player would probably save me a couple thousand pesos a month so I'll just bring it over in a suitcase next time.

It is also kind of unbelievable walking around Megamall, one of the top 5 biggest malls on the planet supposedly and seeing huge Samsung, Sony, LG, and Apple stores full of nothing but phones and maybe a couple tablets and compact cameras and JBL and Bose stores with mostly Bluetooth speakers. It's just weird. Same thing in Greenbelt in Makati and Robinson's Manila near the US Embassy.

It'd be like going to NYC and finding 7/11s that only sell 16oz Big Gulps. Which means that somehow the government must be involved. I guarantee it.