GBT62

Time For Training: Only 7 Out Of 9,000 Motorcycle Riders Pass Exam On Traffic Rules

Dafey
1 hour ago, bounder said:

I am amazed at the number of motorbikes who have no plates on them

Bought my bike 2 and a half years ago...still waiting on the plate

colemanlee
1 hour ago, bounder said:

I am amazed at the number of motorbikes who have no plates on them, or have temporary tags (and I know some who have had their motorbikes/trikes for years) and also those who do have plates, but no tags.

In the province here in Leyte, if I had to guess I would say something like 90% of the bikes do not have tags nor do their drivers have licences...and in case anybody's wondering, in eight years I have never seen a cop or anything else resembling law enforcement

• Like 1

Kreole
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

I bought my mc 6 years ago.  I don't even ask anymore.  The LOT still requires me to submit a copy of a certificate that says I am allowed to use the temporary.  Before that I had to get a notarized certificate that the plate had been "lost", as if I had anything to do with it.  To top it off, there were no registration stamps for 2017.  I am waiting to see what 2018 has to offer.

• Haha 1

SkyMan

Why don't they make safety part of the school program here and start around 1st grade?  Start with simple stuff like like "Don't look at the welding arc."  "Don't ride a scooter without a helmet, even as a passenger."  "Don't use the HH bike that doesn't have a working headlight and mirrors."  "Don't be around power tools, especially if the operator has been drinking."  "Don't walk out in the road."  Then as they get older, maybe like 12, start with rules of the road as a driver, etc.

Just sayin'....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enuff

I bought my 2018 honda 3 months old. Has plate. also got updated OR/CR in 5 days.

It helps to buy from and LTO employee, hehe

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

smokey

Traffic started when cars and bikes became 1000 peso all in

20181206_113406.jpg

• Like 1

Enuff

Yesterday, driving down the national highway coming through Yati, Lilian the traffic enforcers were stopping every motorcycle checking OR/CR & drivers license. Was done in less than 30 seconds. Many took much.much longer.

From Bajac, Liloan to Parkmall on jeepney is about 1.5 hours on average

From my house to Parkmall in my multicab is about 1 hour +/-, usually not less.

From my house to Parkmall on my motorcycle is 30 minutes. Sometimes less but never more.

Cars, trucks & buses are the problem. Jeepneys tend to stay in the right lane, not too much issues other than frequent stops. Cars are always blocking each other, swerving back and forth between lanes and just plain horrible driving. Trucks are just plain slow. Buses are worse than cars bobbing and weaving.

Solution: get the trucks off of the road. Larger vehicles over 10k kgs gvw should be restricted to night time use only, 8pm to 6am. Smaller trucks need to be regulated to prevent wasted travel. Just like the cars running the highways with one passenger the trucks do the same. Appliance delivery trucks riding all over with 1 or 2 appliances. Regulations are needed immediately.

wondersailor

As I said earlier, the reason they go after the bikes is because it is a poor person's transportation, an easy target. What I like is that one of the few laws lto enforces is the impoundment of not yet registered bikes. In my area, a new bike  takes a minimum of 3 months to get registration. Ridiculous! And then penalizes the owner for the problem lto created. I am surprised that they have not stopped all registration. Think of the cash cow that would be for lto!

smokey
7 hours ago, wondersailor said:

As I said earlier, the reason they go after the bikes is because it is a poor person's transportation, an easy target. What I like is that one of the few laws lto enforces is the impoundment of not yet registered bikes. In my area, a new bike  takes a minimum of 3 months to get registration. Ridiculous! And then penalizes the owner for the problem lto created. I am surprised that they have not stopped all registration. Think of the cash cow that would be for lto!

They go after the bikes because 99.80%of the hitmen use bikes very few of the hundreds of murders are done by 2 guys in a car seems the getaway is a little on the slow side

Kreole
19 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Why don't they make safety part of the school program here and start around 1st grade?  Start with simple stuff like like "Don't look at the welding arc."  "Don't ride a scooter without a helmet, even as a passenger."  "Don't use the HH bike that doesn't have a working headlight and mirrors."  "Don't be around power tools, especially if the operator has been drinking."  "Don't walk out in the road."  Then as they get older, maybe like 12, start with rules of the road as a driver, etc.

Just sayin'....

OMG a cultural nazi !  Just joking..  Those are good words of advice, but they will be lost to this culture which is resistant to change, and whatever good intentions or advice you offer, they will take it as a criticism.  It is no different with their attachment to superstition; it is ingrained in the culture. 

Whenever I start getting annoyed by the many small irritations that I experience here, like the incompetence and corruption of the bureaucracy , I just remind myself that I am a guest in this country and can leave anytime I want.  For me it is a balance between the positive and negative aspects of living here.  I just try to enjoy the positive and roll with the negative.

• Like 1

Enuff
They go after the bikes because 99.80%of the hitmen use bikes very few of the hundreds of murders are done by 2 guys in a car seems the getaway is a little on the slow side
So punish the masses because hitmen are smart enough to use proper transport?

• Haha 1

wondersailor
7 hours ago, smokey said:

I don't think hit men would worry about the rules of the road even after intensive training, do you?

• Like 1

East Saxon

Little point in introducing another requirement for Motorcyclists because as many have observed they do not follow or enforce the current ones. The only people inconvenienced would be the law abiding minority.

There was a report on TV here ,about a week ago, that they are considering making it a requirement for Motorcyclists to ride with their  lights on even in daylight hours.This for me summoned up the lunacy given that most do not even have/use lights when it is dark.

Edited by East Saxon
spelling/Grammar error
  • Like 2

Woolf

My yamaha mio does not have a light switch, light always on

wondersailor

As does my nmax, just like in the states.I also feel it is a positive safety feature as others do notice you more.