RR3

Angkas - bike taxi in Cebu city

RR3

Fastest way is with motorbike. Angkas is like Grab, can order with app (PlayStore). Or, I catch one outside Ayala and then to SM City 30p. Also when step out from SM, one Angkas biker drop a customer and then take me to Colon 50p.

They wear blue helmets and have Angkas shirt. Obviously they happy to catch a customer on the road 'cause they skip the 20% to Angkas office when booking. Now Sir Osmena want to take over the operations. Follow the money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

profits101

my gf pointed this out to me the other day (Angkas blue helmets), and now I really notice quite a few. Also, if I was doing a list of Ex-Pat Clarity, one item would be was when I first started realising how motorbikes were hanging out in certain places (like near jeepney stops) waiting to pick up rides, and how you could catch their eye while they're going by to get a lift. Probably my first year here that went totally over my head...

Cgu

I hope not. Angkas is nationwide...I just take them if I know in advance, otherwise just the normal  habal habal. .

They will not always accept the ride if you did not book them through the app, as they are "online", meaning visible to the app to be booked.

Edited by Cgu

Enuff

I was sitting with a group of angkus drivers at J-Mall the other day waiting on the wife. They make decent money, probably about p30k bring home monthly.

I was told all I need to do is submit OR, CR & drivers license to J-Mall office then sign the contract and buy a shirt.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Davaoeno

Im one of those arrogant people  . I would rather pay an extra 40 pesos and have several hundred pounds of sheet metal surrounding me when negotiating traffic - rather than putting my life in the hands of someone driving a motorcycle who I dont know the slightest information about 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

shadow
6 hours ago, Cgu said:

I hope not. Angkas is nationwide...

I would certainly like to know if they are in this area, without having to download the app to find out.

I must say I am skeptical.

Cgu
10 minutes ago, shadow said:

I would certainly like to know if they are in this area, without having to download the app to find out.

I must say I am skeptical.

That is technology. If you want to use it you have to move on. Otherwise just use the normal taxis and habal habal. Do not use Angkas and Grab..I like to book my ride sometime in advance (or if I have to deliver something), so for me it is perfect.

shadow
1 minute ago, Cgu said:

That is technology. If you want to use it you have to move on. Otherwise just use the normal taxis and habal habal. Do not use Angkas and Grab..I like to book my ride sometime in advance (or if I have to deliver something), so for me it is perfect.

I can't use it if it's not available here. There are no taxis within 150 km of me, and I am highly doubtful Angkas is here either (so much for "nationwide").

I don't want to download more useless garbage onto an already overloaded phone. If I knew it was here, it would be worth it. But to download it just to find out it's not actually "nationwide" as you claim? Nope.

Salty Dog
23 minutes ago, shadow said:

I can't use it if it's not available here. There are no taxis within 150 km of me, and I am highly doubtful Angkas is here either (so much for "nationwide").

So the last few taxis in Dumaguete finally went out of business...:)

It's no wonder with all the trikes there...

shadow
2 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

So the last few taxis in Dumaguete finally went out of business...:)

It's no wonder with all the trikes there...

Yeah, they were not actually even taxis, more like a rent a car with driver. LTFRB shut them down for being a "colorum" vehicle. No meter. Mostly they preyed on the tourists at the airport, P600 to Dauin.

Cgu
30 minutes ago, shadow said:

it's not actually "nationwide" as you claim? Nope

It is nationwide. ..like grab...or ATMs..or brownouts...😊😊😊...

shadow
1 minute ago, Cgu said:

It is nationwide. ..like grab...or ATMs..or brownouts...😊😊😊...

Grab and Uber are not here either, last time I checked.

Brownouts we have a plenty!

Cgu
1 minute ago, shadow said:

Grab and Uber are not here either, last time I checked.

Brownouts we have a plenty!

Then you are definitely living in the province😊😊😊...

shadow
5 minutes ago, Cgu said:

Then you are definitely living in the province😊😊😊...

Nevertheless, I have two malls and about 200,000 people within 10 km, with one of the highest concentrations of foreigners in the country. I think there would be a market for Angkas riders here, but due to logistics and traffic Uber and Grab would never survive here, for the same reason there are no taxis.

Cgu
2 hours ago, shadow said:

, I have two malls and about 200,000 people within 10 km, with one of the highest concentrations of foreigners in the country

Sounds like you are in the US☺☺☺