brucemj

Recently moved to Cebu

Enuff

Welcome Bruce

Not a lot of physical stuff to do here on the forum but there are a few cool groups around.

Cebu HHH is a running group with a drinking problem. Meet every Sunday afternoon in Banilad and trek off 6 to 8km then enjoy some beers.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dafey

Thought it was a drinking club with a running problem?

• Like 1

brucemj

Funny Dafey.  Thanks for the invite to the running club, Enuff, and a couple of years ago I was doing 8 km 6 days a week but that is over for me now.  I do hard treadmill and rowing quite a bit but running is too hard on me, nowadays.  Sadly.  lol

shadow
23 minutes ago, brucemj said:

Funny Dafey.  Thanks for the invite to the running club, Enuff, and a couple of years ago I was doing 8 km 6 days a week but that is over for me now.  I do hard treadmill and rowing quite a bit but running is too hard on me, nowadays.  Sadly.  lol

Actually he was not making a funny, it is a drinking club with a few runners. Mostly, though, it has more walkers than runners. It's a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon or two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers

https://www.cebuhash.org/

On on,

Shadow

• Like 1

Enuff

As shadow mentioned, it's a club of about 5 runners & 35 walkers. Ages range up into the 80s. One guy 77 runs full speed on everything, sometimes twice.

I'm a walker, very slow walker. Not for health or any other reason just not in a hurry plus if I run I'll get back to early and we will run out of beer.

On another side note the hashers are into plenty of other activities. Tennis, bowling and golf. Cheap nasty golf in Lahug at water buffalo gold club. I believe it's under p200 a round of 9 holes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Water-Buffalo-Golf-Club/153254901492487

• Like 1

Busted Dick
4 hours ago, brucemj said:

Funny Dafey.  Thanks for the invite to the running club, Enuff, and a couple of years ago I was doing 8 km 6 days a week but that is over for me now.  I do hard treadmill anblockquote widgetd rowing quite a bit but running is too hard on me, nowadays.  Sadly.  lol

Don't worry we don't normally do anywhere near 8km.  Usually around 4km but there are often short cuts to the beer.  Most of the guys are in their 60's and 70's; about 5 of us will pretend to run until we are out of sight of the walkers.  Probably the fittest guy amongst us is an ex-marine who is 78.  The girls, of course, are younger, they look very fit but few of them actually are.  We often find ourselves in beautiful countryside which you would be very unlikely to encounter otherwise.  My advice is to give it a try.

• Like 2

Mr. Mike

Welcome Bruce...

brucemj

Well, that sounds A LOT more my type of activity nowadays.  Who is the contact so I can get all the info as to when, where, etc?

Thanks Enuff, Dafey and Busted

Bruce

Thanks for the Welcome, Mr. Mike.  Hope you are doing well.

Bruce

shadow
2 hours ago, brucemj said:

Well, that sounds A LOT more my type of activity nowadays.  Who is the contact so I can get all the info as to when, where, etc?

Thanks Enuff, Dafey and Busted

Bruce

Thanks for the Welcome, Mr. Mike.  Hope you are doing well.

Bruce

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163554840663695/

ON ON!

Shadow.

TequilaSunset

I'm not sure I can handle another Bruce from Cali being here, but you moved here first while I'm still playing games. Welcome...

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

brucemj

Thanks for the FB link, Shadow.

So Tequila,

Thanks for the welcome.  I gather you are a Bruce from California, also?  Guess when you make a final decision another Bruce from California could work out.  We could start a Bruce club - there is already another Bruce here in Cebu but not sure if from California or not.  We could multiply and take over!!

Bruce

Enuff
Thanks for the FB link, Shadow.
So Tequila,
Thanks for the welcome.  I gather you are a Bruce from California, also?  Guess when you make a final decision another Bruce from California could work out.  We could start a Bruce club - there is already another Bruce here in Cebu but not sure if from California or not.  We could multiply and take over!!
Bruce
Great idea and your mascot can be Bruce Jenner!

• Haha 2

brucemj

ewww!!!!!  You could come up with Bruce Springsteen, Bruce Willis or Bruce Lee??  Geez!!!  Come on!!!  LOL

• Like 1