Throw Away Ticket??

Yikes! the universe

I purchased a round trip to Philippines, but it's past the 29 day free visa....will I need to buy a throw away ticket?..I'm flying EVA airlines...I know it varies airline to airline.

I purchased a round trip to Philippines, but it's past the 29 day free visa....will I need to buy a throw away ticket?..I'm flying EVA airlines...I know it varies airline to airline.
No worries, as long as you have a return ticket valid within 3 years you will be fine.

Also since your over the initial free visa you can get your 1st 30 day extension at the airport. When approaching Immigration go to the left, beyond the booths are a couple desks. Go there with passport and p3130 and they will handle swiftly. You will have 59 days.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Also since your over the initial free visa you can get your 1st 30 day extension at the airport. When approaching Immigration go to the left, beyond the booths are a couple desks. Go there with passport and p3130 and they will handle swiftly. You will have 59 days.

It is  called VISA UPON ARRIVAL, oct 17, 2018 I paid 3000 php, good for 59 days

At Mactan airport at arrival go to the left most immigration booth (diplomats and crew)

and tell them that you want to pay for the visa

if you do not have the 3000 php, they will take you to and ATM or a money changer

cost of 29 day extension at an immigration office after 30 days in PH is 3130 php

Edited by Woolf
liquido

Never done this before since I live here and always buy round trips originating from Cebu...Can you still get the 59 day Visa upon entry if you are are coming on a one way  ticket..Granted you have a throw away...

Good idea if there are long lines at immigration..

16 minutes ago, liquido said:

Never done this before since I live here and always buy round trips originating from Cebu...Can you still get the 59 day Visa upon entry if you are are coming on a one way  ticket..Granted you have a throw away...

Good idea if there are long lines at immigration..

I do not see why not,  return or onward ticket and you are good

I did not show my return ticket when asking for the visa upon arrival, no one asked to see it 

I just arrived from US on China Airlines on a 90 day round trip ticket.. They insisted I have onward ticket within 30 days of arrival...or a proper visa already in passport. That never happened before. So bought a throwaway ticket to KK.

Immigration at MLA would not sell an extension, either. Said only available in city within one week of the 29 days. 

Always different. Your results may vary. Pretty fun!

1 hour ago, Daddle said:

Immigration at MLA would not sell an extension, either. Said only available in city within one week of the 29 days. 

It is NOT an extension, do not ask for the extension, ask for 59 day visa upon arrival

Manila have done those before

If you already got your 30 day stamp it is too late

visa waiver at arrival is 30 days can be extended at any immigration office by 29 days to 59 days

after the 59 days it is 1, 2 or 6 month extensions

Edited by Woolf

my receipt from 2018 oct 17

Notice the second line says  VISA UPON ARRIVAL

2500 php + express lane fee 500  total 3000php

Scan_20181203_LI.jpg

Scan_20181203 (2)_LI.jpg

Edited by Woolf
2 minutes ago, Detour said:

Is it possible to get a 90+ day visa upon arrival?

NO !!

Even with a prearranged entry visa the max at entry is 59 days

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
I just arrived from US on China Airlines on a 90 day round trip ticket.. They insisted I have onward ticket within 30 days of arrival...or a proper visa already in passport. That never happened before. So bought a throwaway ticket to KK.
Always different. Your results may vary. Pretty fun!
It does really depend on the staff checking you in. Immigration officers shouldn't be much of an issue about the onward ticket, but the airline personal you end up dealing with might not know the rules.
  • Like 1
SkyMan
16 hours ago, Detour said:

Is it possible to get a 90+ day visa upon arrival?

Marry a Filipina and you can come in for a year. 

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Marry a Filipina and you can come in for a year. 

That is an expensive ticket!!  Just pay the visas and roundtrip tickets, and you will still have plenty of spare money to have a very luxurious life (and companionship if you like).

Next will be babies.....more stones on your head😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would suggest you have the 3000 p with you when landing.  The Lady behind me wasn't allowed downstairs to change her money.