datkins587

best LTE prepaid S. Leyte

datkins587

Will be ariving in Manilla next week and stay for 10 days, then go to S. Leyte for a month. I’m sure both Globe & Smart both work ok in Manilla but wonder which would be best for S. Leyte area around Sogod for decent LTE service on iphone. Need it mainly for data but will need text messages and some calls too.

Woolf

I can not tell you if smart or globe is best

Why not get a smart & a globe sim,  Less than 50 php each

then use gosurf50 for globe most data for the money https://www.globe.com.ph/prepaid/gosurf.html

for smart use gigasurf 50 or gigasurf+ 75 https://smart.com.ph/Prepaid/promos

• Like 1

datkins587

yeah probably best to just test each in Leyte before I buy a longer 30 day plan.

• Like 1

Woolf
11 minutes ago, datkins587 said:

yeah probably best to just test each in Leyte before I buy a longer 30 day plan.

If your primary use is data 

then you get much for data on the 50 php plans

Smart:  

30 day plan  749 php     5 GB

3 day plan 50 php    1GB

10 times 50 php = 500 php and 10 GB

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

HeyMike

Globe has an unlimited data promo for 30 days for 744 pesos. http://pinoytechsaga.blogspot.com/2017/11/list-of-globe-gosakto-unli-data-promos.html

I have not used it yet because I usually do not go over 540 pesos a month now. If I start using more data, I will see how good a promo it is.

datkins587

I was already checking the gosakto plans out for unlimited data. If I get a good enough LTE signal with a 3 day plan probably switch to that. Looks like I can get a custom plan with unlimited data, unlimited texts (all networks) + 500 minute Globe call time for 1440p. We stream movies, shows etc so probably use more data than the average.

Dafey

I'm in western Leyte and use Globe. I get 1 and a half gigs for 30 days at 299 a month. You can get more data if you do it weekly. I get a good LTE signal in Ormoc, Isabel and Palompon but signal drops to nothing in between.

19 minutes ago, datkins587 said:

gosakto plans out for unlimited data.

Mosty of the plans have caps so beware

HeyMike

Globe does warn people on the site that it does use the 800 mb per day Fair User Policy for the gosakto plans, and I think every other plan except for gosurf plans. I use the GOTSCOMBODD90 promo which has been working out okay for me. 2 gb for 7 days plus 2 gb for youtube and games.

Your data will roll over if you reload the promo before the time expires. I don't download much, just surf.

datkins587

The place were staying in Tomas Oppus is suppose to have wifi included. So if it works good I wont need unlimited. Just have to buy a smart and globe load for a few days to start and see which works and go from there.

HTM
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

If your primary use is data 

then you get much for data on the 50 php plans

Smart:  

30 day plan  749 php     5 GB

3 day plan 50 php    1GB

10 times 50 php = 500 php and 10 GB

The best is to bye a smart bro sim! not normal sun sim.

I use SurfMax 995 All-day surfing Up to 800MB/day (30 days)

datkins587

can you buy globe load online with credit or do I have to run to the sari sari store all the time

shadow
4 minutes ago, datkins587 said:

can you buy globe load online with credit or do I have to run to the sari sari store all the time

Lazada!!!

Woolf

I buy load from lazada   minus  5%

Here is the link  https://www.lazada.com.ph/mobilerecharge.html

you need to sign in 

Edited by Woolf

datkins587

great thanks