GBT62

Swimming banned in 2 beaches in Panglao and El Nido — Puyat

GBT62

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/205938/swimming-banned-in-2-beaches-in-panglao-and-el-nido-puyat

November 30,2018 - 10:19 PM

Swimming banned in 2 beaches in Panglao and El Nido — Puyat

image.png.20f658bfe3619dbca4300f98449f81ce.png

The Alona Beach in Panglao, Bohol was found with high coliform level.

The government has ordered a swimming ban in two beaches in Panglao, Bohol and El Nido, Palawan, Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said Friday.

Puyat confirmed to INQUIRER.net that tourists and locals for the meantime, will not be allowed to swim at the Alona Beach in Bohol’s Panglao island and at El Nido’s Buena Suerte beach in Palawan because of “high coliform level.”

“We — Secretary Cimatu, Secretary Año and myself — have already personally told both mayors of Panglao and El Nido. We advised them to put up a no swimming sign,” Puyat told INQUIRER.net in a text message.

Puyat said that the coliform levels in the two beaches have exceeded the acceptable coliform count of 100 most probable number (mpn).

She said that the ban on the said beaches would be imposed “until the coliform levels are acceptable.”

Puyat said the ban is part of the ongoing rehabilitation of El Nido and Panglao.

“The ban is part of the rehabilitation. We want to protect the health of the tourists,” she said.

Hmmmmmmm "She said that the ban on the said beaches would be imposed “until the coliform levels are acceptable.”"  Levels won't drop of their own accord. Stage 2 will be ?  :scratch_head:

• Haha 1

liquido
3 hours ago, GBT62 said:

Stage 2 will be ?  :scratch_head:

Dont you believe in miracles??

• Haha 1

GBT62

Last time I stayed at Alona the shallows were full of hundreds of fat little starfish ...... 

I guess they were just full'o'sh#t ;)

Sealover

No treatment plant, the shit goes directly to the sea like in Boracay, and many resorts digging their waste down even on the beach 

liquido

I wonder if they sell water test kits for the average joe that wants to make sure the water is safe for his family to swim in?