Anthonytt

Inguinal Hernia Repair Surgery

nothingbutquestions

Lest you comedians confuse anyone, NOTHING is cut out in an inguinal hernia repair. The hernia is caused by a ruptured tissue/muscle wall and the surgery is a repair to that rupture/tear either with mesh and sutures or sutures only. 

• Like 1

smokey
14 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

Lest you comedians confuse anyone, NOTHING is cut out in an inguinal hernia repair. The hernia is caused by a ruptured tissue/muscle wall and the surgery is a repair to that rupture/tear either with mesh and sutures or sutures only. 

Wow so then i dont need the.dull spoon after all you mean the surgeon lied when he said he removed 11 inches of my intestine 

Edited by smokey

jtmwatchbiz
11 minutes ago, smokey said:

Wow so then i dont need the.dull spoon after all you mean the surgeon lied when he said he removed 11 inches of my intestine 

well i guess not everyone has the same type hernia you had. 

think of it in terms you can relate to...not everyone drives a silly corvette and hangs out at dunkin donuts.   :biggrin_01:

smokey
1 hour ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

well i guess not everyone has the same type hernia you had. 

think of it in terms you can relate to...not everyone drives a silly corvette and hangs out at dunkin donuts.   :biggrin_01:

True just like not everyone sells watches.  Well the guy asked and i told what my experience was shee even gave doctors name the rest is up to him

Headshot

There is a world of difference between a simple hernia and a strangulated hernia (where intestines have become involved in the herniated area and may have been damaged in the process). While one procedure might be a simple out-patient micro-surgery, with local anesthesia , and only requires days to recover, the other may require full-blown surgery, several days in the hospital and weeks for recovery. Most patients don't know how involved the process will be until it happens to them.

smokey

A hernia is very much like a person asked to.measure a piece of string

Anthonytt

When they did my left side repair they used my tissue (Dr said it was strong enough) definitely want laproscopic , want to avoid mesh if I can. Will get a few surgeon opinions before making a decision. Thanks!