Sign in to follow this  
bkb1

5 Best Cities In The Philippines

bkb1

shadow
23 minutes ago, bkb1 said:

Scuba diving sites in Cebu City?

Can't think of a one, can anyone help me here?

• Like 1

Chris24

There are probably several dive shop swimming pools that are technically located within the city.  And of course many sites off of Mactan that are technically not inside Cebu City, but easily accessible from dive shops located within the city. 

TimL

Wait.... Did he just rank the top 5 cities and then say that the Philippines is one of the places that he want's to visit before he dies? lol

Edited by TimL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

lolhahaha

Why didn't he say that at the beginning of the video so nobody would have to waste their time continuing watching it?

Dude, seriously? Here's my top 5 movies of 2018... One of these days I might actually watch one or 2 of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

RogerDat

There is a cave in Mactan where you can get your cave diving certificate.

• Like 1

MrSuave

I've been diving half way between the northern tip of Cebu Island and the Island of Leyte to watch the thresher sharks getting cleaned be small fish. I know there's also a reef between southern Cebu and Bohol that's suppose to be a good dive spot.  There are many around that are accessible from parts of Cebu. 

MrSuave

The video also mentioned beaches in Cebu City. When I lived in Cebu, beaches was one of the things I missed the most. Of course you could always go to an expensive resort on Mactan Island or do what I did, travel a few hours to get to a real good beach. One of the reasons I fell in love with Bantayan Island, where I live now. 

• Like 1

Headshot
34 minutes ago, MrSuave said:

I've been diving half way between the northern tip of Cebu Island and the Island of Leyte to watch the thresher sharks getting cleaned be small fish. I know there's also a reef between southern Cebu and Bohol that's suppose to be a good dive spot.  There are many around that are accessible from parts of Cebu.

I have done a bit of diving between Cebu and Bohol. A lot of the reefs have been dynamited, so there isn't much to see. The last time I went out there, we could hear the dynamite blasts when we were in the water They were kilometers away from us, but the shock in the water was still strong.

There is, however, a really nice wall (lots of hard and soft corals, sponges and sea life) just off of Plantation Bay Resort that has good visibility and is well worth diving on.

Edited by Headshot

MrSuave
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The last time I went out there, we could hear the dynamite blasts when we were in the water They were kilometers away from us, but the shock in the water was still strong.

The last time I heard dynamite blast was circa 1980 off the coast of Albuera, Leyte. I thought that ended decades ago.  That's so sad. I thought those reefs were protected from fishermen. 

jtmwatchbiz
On 11/27/2018 at 11:15 PM, lolhahaha said:

Why didn't he say that at the beginning of the video so nobody would have to waste their time continuing watching it?

ah go easy on the guy.  yea it's noteworthy that he may not have visited some of the places he does videos on but he does ask for info and comments so he can present more in depth videos on this country.   kinda look at him as a producer and not an experienced traveler?  anyways i thought he did a decent job as opposed to other video makers that feature themselves on location doing moribund stuff and hogging the spotlight.   

savarity

Continuing the proud epidemic of Internet experts with no experience.

Chris24

One of my most memorable dives has been a fast drift dive along the drop-off into the deep blue off of Panglao Island in Bohol.   Saw a couple of large tuna (probably yellowfin), some mature sea turtles and a huge school of what had to be over 100 barracuda swim past.  Then a loud sound of one of them striking something to munch down on.

• Like 1