lamoe

Driving Is More Fun In The Philippines

lamoe

Isn't really driving  - more like aiming

Had one of those WOW electric tricycles with 4 people on in, doing less than 10 KmH in the left had lane of Sergio Osmena (jcouple of blocks after CSCR ends) on way to Pier 3 :shocked:

• Like 2

Kreole

Consistently riders were not wearing helmets.  The few that did, the helmets probably saved them from more serious injury or death.  As I watch these videos, I have a hard time feeling sorry for the ones who caused their own accidents.  Living here in the RP has hardened me to Darwin award nominees and winners. 

Edited by Kreole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

musicman666

The mystical dawin jibe ...

lamoe

There are bunch of these on YouTube - not just motors - the segments showing the vans are truly cringe worthy.

cookie47
Isn't really driving  - more like aiming
Had one of those WOW electric tricycles with 4 people on in, doing less than 10 KmH in the left had lane of Sergio Osmena (jcouple of blocks after CSCR ends) on way to Pier 3 :shocked:

Thanks, now i know i DON'T want a scooter. Yes some was stupidly on the driver/rider but others nahhhhhh..

Every time we go to the National Highway Consolacion in a trycicle (the only transport option for us) I shudder....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

GBT62

I watched all 5 of those Kamote Riders ones - nothing on them surprised me. Dismayed yes, and reconsidering getting anything 2-wheeled other than my MTB's once I move out of the city - perhaps.

The Russian dashcam videos on Youtube are astounding with their stupidity too (summer and winter) - same as those here. No one rides to the conditions.

The AU and US ones are mostly just people road-raging for getting cut off in traffic.

They really ought to be shown to learner-rider/drivers as part of the license process :blink:

Edited by GBT62
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
3 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

I watched all 5 of those Kamote Riders ones - nothing on them surprised me. Dismayed yes, and reconsidering getting anything 2-wheeled other than my MTB's once I move out of the city - perhaps.

The Russian dashcam videos on Youtube are astounding with their stupidity too (summer and winter) - same as those here. No one rises to the conditions.

The AU and US ones are mostly just people road-raging for getting cut off in traffic.

They really ought to be shown to learner-rider/drivers as part of the license process :blink:

Part of the problem is speed, actually the lack of it - typ traffic so slow here plenty of reaction time, usually just bumping - when encountering fast (60+ Km - 36 Mph ) traffic no experience in judging time / distance.

Been clipped  3 times so far - standing still at light - motors wobbling due to slow speed while going in between cars.

One wanted to bitch when he saw who was driving - pointed at visor dashcam :db:

Kabisay-an gid
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Thanks, now i know i DON'T want a scooter.

A Filipina from Bicol that I know, had a cousin and personal friend that were killed within a week of each other, when the scooters they were riding on were hit by cars.

A scooter would probably be OK in a small town or rural area, but no way would I ride one in a city.

• Like 3

petecebu
5 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

A Filipina from Bicol that I know, had a cousin and personal friend that were killed within a week of each other, when the scooters they were riding on were hit by cars.

A scooter would probably be OK in a small town or rural area, but no way would I ride one in a city.

Being in taxis is enough to see the antics of scooter / bike riders. So many times have I seen stuff go on and flipped back and said, 'shit!' The taxi driver laughs... it's normal.

You guys that drive cars or ride bikes in the city are brave..no way for me.............

• Like 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Speed on roads leading to the one small town I am most familiar with - Inabanga - much faster (60 to 70 Kph) than  avg. in Cebu City - speeds in town are slower than here due to congestion and narrow streets

SkyMan

That girl getting yanked off by her shawl made me laugh.  I noticed my wife with a dangling shawl once and I told her what could happen.  Apparently I was right.