Sign in to follow this  
petecebu

Your First Pop Record Bought

bounder

Oh, you are stretching my memory a bit.  I guess the first single, well actually I got mom to buy me two, was House of the Rising Sun by the Animals and Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah by Alan Sherman.  Got those in NYC during the 1964 World's Fair.  Highlight was the car blowing a rod and riding a Greyhound bus from Iowa  to New York.  What an adventure for a 12 year old.   First Album that I recall was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and won it on the radio back in 1967.  Then my record collection really exploded from that time on.  Good memories of a Great time in music.

• Like 1

petecebu
4 minutes ago, bounder said:

Oh, you are stretching my memory a bit.  I guess the first single, well actually I got mom to buy me two, was House of the Rising Sun by the Animals and Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah by Alan Sherman.  Got those in NYC during the 1964 World's Fair.  Highlight was the car blowing a rod and riding a Greyhound bus from Iowa  to New York.  What an adventure for a 12 year old.   First Album that I recall was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and won it on the radio back in 1967.  Then my record collection really exploded from that time on.  Good memories of a Great time in music.

Here's both of them..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fred42

Elton John. Rocket man.

• Like 2

petecebu
16 minutes ago, fred42 said:

Elton John. Rocket man.

Yep, Elton another great. I like his Candle in the Wind. Here's yours..

• Like 1

petecebu
On 11/30/2018 at 5:54 AM, colemanlee said:

Rock around the clock

Here's Bill Haley with his Comets..

• Like 1

petecebu
On 11/30/2018 at 9:01 AM, CardiacKid said:

Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan.   Opened my eyes to a brand new world.  Also made me a weirdo in the eyes of my buddies on the ship.

Why would they think that?

Here it is..

petecebu
On 11/30/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mitch Rapp said:

Rush 2112.

1976 sat stoned in a bean bag chair and read the lyrics on the album cover as the album played.  Suddenly the world talked to me and I got it.  Still one of the best today.  

LOL..here's a shot man.

• Like 1

Mitch Rapp

I tried to post the same thing but couldn’t figure out how.  I am not very computer literate. Thanks for the shout 

• Like 1

cookie47
Here's Bill Haley with his Comets..

Big in England....

Quote below is from Wikipedia.

________

Haley was bringing rock 'n' roll to Europe for the first time. And attending Haley's British performance, were some of Britain's own future rock `n roll stars. “The birth of rock `n roll ”– in the view of Pete Townshend of the Who – was “seeing Bill Haley and The Comets” when they came to England.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

petecebu
20 minutes ago, Mitch Rapp said:

I tried to post the same thing but couldn’t figure out how.  I am not very computer literate. Thanks for the shout 

Hi, no problem, happy to help.

To get a link for posting, google the song, start to play it, right click the video and a drop down comes which contains ..copy video url.....click that then paste in to the message. Hope that makes sense.

cookie47

Ahhhh,

Bob Dylan

Rubin Carter..
That fiddle playing was just magic..

• Like 1

petecebu
5 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Big in England....

Quote below is from Wikipedia.

________

Haley was bringing rock 'n' roll to Europe for the first time. And attending Haley's British performance, were some of Britain's own future rock `n roll stars. “The birth of rock `n roll ”– in the view of Pete Townshend of the Who – was “seeing Bill Haley and The Comets” when they came to England.

Hi Cookie, it's great he came along and inspired people. The Who, another awesome band, bloody hell, seem to have forgotten so many bands. This was my fave The Who song..

• Like 1

HeyMike

Saw the Who a few times back in the day... my ears are still ringing.

• Like 1

petecebu
36 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

Saw the Who a few times back in the day... my ears are still ringing.

Did you have a fave record of theirs?