9 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Haha
Yes "In the nicest way"
BTW, she just rang, I've got an hour before the volume is down....emoji106.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

MickyG

• Like 2

HeyMike

I can't remember my first album I bought, but my guess would be a Grateful Dead album or Yes Fragile. Or it may have been Eat A Peach by the Allman Brothers. A lot of psychedelics back then; makes it hard to remember. I do remember I won an album at a boardwalk game at the (New) Jersey Shore. I chose Diamond Dogs by Bowie.

• Like 2

Ozepete
4 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Yep, I had every Album up to Double White
Took them all to Australia.
Has house break in.
ALL gone..... emoji22.png

See, that's what happens when you go to live with us convicts!   :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ozepete

First record was Bill Haley ... Rock around the clock.  After stuff like 'A white sports coat and a pink'... yawn, yawn.  Rock around the clock then Elvis and Buddy, wow it was like getting let out of jail!

• Like 2

cookie47
See, that's what happens when you go to live with us convicts!   
Yeh Pete,
I Trawled op shop's and Sunday Markets for years as i had my initials written inside of every cover.

No luck, One was, or is now a collectors item as one had the Parlaphone label printed in German. I guess due to the association with Hamburg..

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

my neighbor sylvester's favorite...

aaaaaaaaaapolkaband.jpg

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

mikewright

Album Psychedelic Lollipop by the Blues Magoos, or the Beatles' double EP, Magical Mystery Tour, around 1967. Can't remember which was first.

Psychedelic Lollipop

• Like 3

MrSuave

The first album I bought was Cheech and Chong. Second was Woodstock. A few years later I bought Dark Side of the Moon and it is still my favorite!

• Like 3

profits101

this is a hard one... I was the youngest so a few albums came down to me from my next oldest sister. Some of her albums arrived as some kind of gift from well-meaninging aunties... early Beatles albums. I think that's how Rubber Soul showed up. Maybe I dabbled more in 45s early on coz at the neighbours house we would hang out in their "rec room" and play those. There was an album store in the shopping centre I went to - it was an amazing experience to move from Revell model ships and planes to Janis Joplin and Jefferson Airplane. But these were expensive. Bathing at Baxters had cool cover art, but I didn't think it had any hits; I passed. I doubt I had even a dozen albums. I remember one of the first that I was so jealous to own... and chided myself for not being in on this sooner, and that was The Byrds, Turn Turn Turn. But when I did get a few, they tended to be harder and more serious (in my mind) then the Beatles, and also - to me - harder to understand the drug journeys since I was just  kid in junior high school. I felt bad that, in the words of Jimi Hendrix, I was Not Experienced. But, if I had to name one, it would be Wheels of Fire, Cream... and that had me mesmerised for many hours. And when I look at the illustrations of that cover, why do they look SO un-silver???

TurnTurnTurnCover.jpg

61ARYuYHTnL._SX425_.jpg

After_bathing_at_baxters.jpg

Edited by profits101
  • Like 4

cookie47
my neighbor sylvester's favorite...

aaaaaaaaaapolkaband.jpg.9db9ad5455ef916ef28ff571ea2b204c.jpg
Found them on YouTube, bit crackly, dunno what year.....

Alfred E. Neuman

unnamed.jpg.48f8637b69f235294468adcdff4349f8.jpgo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Edwin

Out of Our Heads by the Rolling Stones (with Satisfaction and Get Off of My Cloud) was my first album, a Christmas present from an elderly aunt in 1965. I was eight years old and I knew it was the best Christmas present ever because all of my older cousins were trying to trade for it. 

• Like 1

Salty Dog

I have no idea, but I remember my first ....... but that's for another thread....:P

• Like 1

bmoore

I wish I could say Beatles Help or something cooler, but I think it was the Herman's Hermits "I'm Henery the Eighth, I Am"  on 45.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2