Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Boracay Reopens & Everything Has Changed

lamoe

• Like 2

colemanlee

worse

MrSuave

I wanted to go there before, but now it sounds like there's too many rules. Seriously, no smoking on the entire island?

wondersailor
12 minutes ago, MrSuave said:

Seriously, no smoking on the entire island?

Will put a crimp in the Chinese tourist trade. The rules had to happen to make it a tourist destination that continues to attract tourists. Having been to Boracay about 2 years ago, I have to say that if it had remained the same, I would not go back. Now, who knows? I will be interested to find out 3 years from now that enforcement of the new rules remain enforced.

Headshot

Rules are just window dressing. Nothing less than creating an island-wide sewage collection and treatment system (and forcing all residences and businesses to hook up to it) will solve their problems.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

TequilaSunset

I am planning on a May visit now to Boracay

Cgu

I heard that it feels "unfinished", like if someone opens a resort to early. Alternate construction sites between finished establishments. Last time I went there (around 2008) decided not to go back anymore.

For me Siargao is a little bit like Boracay in the early days.

I heard that it feels "unfinished", like if someone opens a resort to early. Alternate construction sites between finished establishments. Last time I went there (around 2008) decided not to go back anymore.

RedRanger

Hard to get excited to visit, with all the rules