Grabfood Review

I use Grab for getting around in Cebu, and recently they started a food delivery service similar to honestbee or foodpanda. Since they are offering a free delivery promo to advertise the new service, promo code: "grabfoodnow", i decided to try getting a pizza delivered from Sbarros in Ayala to my place less than 1km away.

Result? Not good. So I wouldn't recommend it over foodpanda, even with free delivery.

Why?

-Grab doesn't have any connection with the restaurants, so the driver has to actually make the order at the counter.

-Driver's scooter wasn't set up for food delivery (no insulated box on the back). So I got a cold pizza which had all been smashed in a corner of the box after obviously being turned on its side.

-It's not a good deal for the driver either. Took about 2.5hours and I'm guessing all he got was about 50-60p.

Longer review;

I made the order at about 1pm. The driver who accepted was near Ramos st and it took him about 50mins to get to Ayala, park and get inside. Was told by him an extra 20p needed to be added on for parking. Ok. Then was told the menu price was 35p higher then what grab had it listed as (this is true). Took an hour before the order was ready. Then took him about 30mins more to get out and over to my place. As I mentioned, the pizza was cold and smashed up in the box from riding on its side on the scooter. I definitely won't use their service again.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
RogerDuMond
8 hours ago, savarity said:

I made the order at about 1pm. The driver who accepted was near Ramos st and it took him about 50mins to get to Ayala, park and get inside. Was told by him an extra 20p needed to be added on for parking. Ok. Then was told the menu price was 35p higher then what grab had it listed as (this is true). Took an hour before the order was ready. Then took him about 30mins more to get out and over to my place.

And you tipped him how much?

Agreed, I ordered a pizza with Grab Food too, while patiently waiting for Dominoes to arrive in Cebu.
At first a Grab car accepted my Grab Food, but he cancelled, then a motor went to pick it up.
I liked seeing exactly where the driver was, I did not like that I could see the driver going to the wrong location, and then waiting there even after I told him it was the wrong location. And then going to another wrong location.
Ultimately I blame Dominoes for having 50 stores in Manila and zero in Cebu, FU Dominoes.

I was sitting in Sabaro Ayala a few weeks ago when a driver for Foodpanda driver arrived. He was just another customer. Paid for his order, picked up and out the door. Then for his extremely long walk back to his motorcycle. I thought the entire process could be expedited with proper computer system and arrangements eliminating the need for drivers to pay. Problem is finding 3 companies that are willing to operate on the the same system.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk