MrSuave

Cat Food

MrSuave

Looking for cat food. That's food for a cat, not food made with cat. I'm looking for both canned food and dry food. 

colemanlee
1 hour ago, MrSuave said:

Looking for cat food. That's food for a cat, not food made with cat. I'm looking for both canned food and dry food. 

Do they have real stores on Bantayan?

jtmwatchbiz

our kid has a cat and our job as parents is to provide the fleabag with food.   we found that most larger grocery stores carry both cat and dog food.   convenience stores and sari-sari stores not so much.   our cat is so spoiled that the only way he will eat dried food is if we mix it with the moist canned stuff, and he prefers whiskas brand. 

often when we run out of cat food or just to further spoil the thing my wife will cook for him.  she also did the same when we had guard dogs.   she is not well in the head :biggrin_01:

• Like 1

Kreole

You are going to find cat food very expensive and contains a lot of junk.  I did a review of Wiskers and other brands of dry cat food available here in the RP and they are at the very bottom of the nutrition scale with so many junk fillers.  The very best you can do for your cat or cats is to buy fresh fish and cook it into a stew; let it cool and then put it in the blender to refine it more.  I then mix it thoroughly with rice and it keeps for a few days or more in the refrigerator.  By the way, I have 15 cats, so I have to do this on an industrial scale, but I will not feed them any of the crap that is available here.  Most of this shit comes from China, so beware.

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

pic of our spoiled cat stretched out for an afternoon siesta on the couch.   he is around 8 months old and has managed to take over the house.   he is an indoor and outdoor pet but my wife insists he must stay indoors during the afternoon and until the sun goes down as she feels it's too hot outside for him.   funny thing she don't mind sending me to the convenience store in the blazing heat of the afternoon if she needs something...

abcbabykitty1.jpg

• Haha 1

Semper paratus

A friend just buys his cats the canned tuna. It's better and cheaper than the branded stuff he says.

• Like 2

Woolf
27 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

funny thing she don't mind sending me to the convenience store in the blazing heat of the afternoon if she needs something...

Like cat food  ????

• Haha 1

Gus

My friend who has a few cats, on the island ..Ste Fe ..

A ..goes into the wet market at Bantayan town and buys heaps of those really small fish they have there ..and does something with them , probably chops or blends them ??

B. Goes to that store that sells just about everything in Ste Fe ..
On the road coming from the ferry into Ste Fe..where it turns right and becomes that silly one-way system.
Right on that corner !

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dafey

If someone was interested in cat food for cheap...there are fish market all over the islands. When they gut a fish for sale they save the remains. You could purchase a mess of fish guts for a few pesos and throw it in the blender with a handful of rice. Your cats would love you long time!!!

(make sure to wash the blender well before margaritas)

• Like 2

Enuff

My neighbor buys a 5 kg bag of scraps every Friday from the local fish market, very cheap.

He cooks a little each day for his cats and dogs.

Banntayan might not have good stores but they got plenty of fish stalls.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MrSuave
2 hours ago, colemanlee said:

Do they have real stores on Bantayan?

None that sell cat food or tuna in water.  There are no real grocery stores here.

colemanlee
1 minute ago, MrSuave said:

None that sell cat food or tuna in water.  There are no real grocery stores here.

Gonna spend a few days there around xmas with the family

• Like 1

MrSuave
1 hour ago, Kreole said:

The very best you can do for your cat or cats is to buy fresh fish and cook it into a stew; let it cool and then put it in the blender to refine it more.  I then mix it thoroughly with rice and it keeps for a few days or more in the refrigerator.

We just finished boiling some fish for the cat. I'll give your recipe a try. I hope she likes it! 

17 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Gonna spend a few days there around xmas with the family

We'll have to get together for a beer or two!

colemanlee
2 hours ago, MrSuave said:

We'll have to get together for a beer or two!

Works for me, sure the wife and kids will be on the beach and I dont do beaches lol