lamoe

$17 US Reusable Straw

lamoe

Straws, like the 6 pack can rings are an environmental hazard

Paper straws are approx $0.02 USD each

Biodegradable plastic $0.06

Instructions for those not willing to actually spend $17

Go to hardware or hobby store (in US) find Suitable sized Aluminum tubes that nest snugly and food grade plastic tubing  that fits or rigid / flexible food grade tubing 

How to dry and carry?

1. hold tube(s) in hand - 1 at a time to prevent losing grip - :sarcasm: - and shake back and forth

2. Carry case - toothbrush holder image.png.67774646b0d01645d41614625a3035e7.png

Can't post vid

https://newatlas.com/chew-reusable-straw/57265/

View gallery - 15 images

The drinking straw seems pretty simple and unassuming, but it's contributing to one of the most pressing environmental problems today. With millions of them used and discarded every day in the US alone, it's no wonder the little plastic pipes are piling up in the oceans. To help cut back on that, a start-up in Singapore is getting ready to launch the Chew, a reusable straw with a "chewable" rubber tip and a spin-dry mechanism.

Like some other reusable straws, the Chew is made of aluminum, but since that's not the nicest feeling on your lips or teeth, the tips are made of a soft food-grade silicone and come in four different patterns. The company apparently sees the rigidity of other reusable straws as a major barrier to straw-chewers everywhere, so is highlighting the chewability of these silicone tips as a major selling point.

Once your drinking is done, the Chew straw pulls apart into two pieces, and slides into a plastic carry case. That case has a "ring" at one end, for the sole purpose of being able to spin the thing on your finger. The idea there is to dry the straw off using centrifugal force, so it's ready to go several times during the day. For a more thorough clean, the team says the Chew straw should be rinsed out, and scrubbed with the included brush.

If you're not sure if you can be bothered switching over to bringing your own straw, you might not have a choice for much longer. Just last month the European Parliament voted in favor of a ban on single-use plastics, including straws, and in other parts of the world major companies like McDonald's are phasing them out and exploring alternatives. Reusable straws and coffee cups might be the way of the future, and there's definitely no shortage of options.

The Chew straw is now on Kickstarter, where it's surpassed its US$14,500 goal with a week remaining on the campaign. Pledges start at around $17 for one Chew straw or $25 for two, and if all goes to plan, they should be ready to ship next month.

Check out the campaign video below.

Source: Chew Inc

Edited by lamoe

fordtech

Lazada had a huge 11-11 sale and I bought this. Lets see how good they are. 

https://www.lazada.com.ph/-i166656004-s358286690.html?spm=a2o4l.order_list.detail_image..6a0d3e17I19A7V&urlFlag=true&mp=1

lamoe
Gus

Theres a guy making reusable straws on Bantayan Island ..bamboo I think ..
Will try to find a link .

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
On 11/17/2018 at 8:01 AM, lamoe said:

If the length is too long - cut and use Teflon plastic tube as union.

towboat72

/had lunch at new Orleans last week.They served our drinks with stainless straws,also had small card on table stating they could be purchased there.Wife was not interested.

• Like 1

lamoe
6 hours ago, towboat72 said:

/had lunch at new Orleans last week.They served our drinks with stainless straws,also had small card on table stating they could be purchased there.Wife was not interested.

Did they say how much?

Maybe if it had a soft tip to chew on

Like these

image.png.c20e2744fe94fd8586a02f0d6da56597.png

towboat72

Yes they had a price but cannot remember what it was.

They were actually not bad to use.

• Thanks 1

HongKongPhooey
On 11/17/2018 at 7:35 AM, lamoe said:

Carry case - toothbrush holder image.png.67774646b0d01645d41614625a3035e7.png

So, if I carry one of these around in my front pocket is that false advertising?  Also, looks very similar to x-GF’s “neck massager” (which of course she never had to use because I give awesome massages).

lamoe
47 minutes ago, HongKongPhooey said:

So, if I carry one of these around in my front pocket is that false advertising?  Also, looks very similar to x-GF’s “neck massager” (which of course she never had to use because I give awesome massages).

Given the diameter of a straw I wouldn't know :tease:

more like a 2" dia x 10" nail  :dance2:

• Haha 2

MrSuave
On 11/17/2018 at 11:58 AM, Gus said:

Theres a guy making reusable straws on Bantayan Island ..bamboo I think ..
Will try to find a link . 

They sell them at Micky Santoro's here in Santa Fe. I just bought one for sh!ts and giggles. One straw is P45 and the six pack, which includes a brush is just under P500. Here's the link listed on the box: https://ypdr.org/bantayanbamboo.com/

Edited by MrSuave
I left out the prices!
  • Like 1

MrSuave
54 minutes ago, MrSuave said:

One straw is P45 and the six pack, which includes a brush is just under P500. 

Correction: It's a twelve pack, not a six pack - P495

DeedleNuts
On 11/16/2018 at 3:35 PM, lamoe said:

Straws, like the 6 pack can rings are an environmental hazard

Bullsh*t

lamoe
28 minutes ago, DeedleNuts said:

Bullsh*t

You're saying they're not?

Plastic straws have been / are being removed from zoos and other public places because of AH people not disposing of the in trash cans.

DeedleNuts
12 hours ago, lamoe said:

You're saying they're not?

Plastic straws have been / are being removed from zoos and other public places because of AH people not disposing of the in trash cans.

Eyesore != environmental problem. Don't buy the sh*t they are selling without looking into it. Ever wonder what percentage of ocean plastic waste originates from drinking straws?