suggestions on where to buy a basic printer in cebu city

jtmwatchbiz

1 hour ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

brother seems like the way to go as i just did a search and they have a service center close by in mabolo.  however i could not easily research where in cebu city to buy one that is close by our capitol locale.  anyone know?

inkwise also sell brother

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• jtmwatchbiz

• cookie47

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is all subjective, but I have found Brother to be more reliable than the other big names.

For those considering a laser printer, they don't cope with dust very well. If you are in an AC room should be no problem, but if it is to be used in a dusty area, big problem.  We usually go thr

hi gang, lately we find ourselves needing stuff printed and i'm looking for suggestions where in this city we can buy a basic printer.   we don't want anything fancy just reliable and low priced

Posted Images

cookie47

What a great thread,

Now i have other options.
Was going to commit to Lazada, (only because its door to door) and to be honest we have had a good run with them.

Thanks boys.....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

brother seems like the way to go as i just did a search and they have a service center close by in mabolo.  however i could not easily research where in cebu city to buy one that is close by our capitol locale.  anyone know?

I just did a check on brother ink printers, looks like print head is not in the cartridge that could end up with dried up print head 

that can not be fixed, with canon the print head is changed with the cartridge

At far as I remember inkwise e-mall  is just to the right as you enter from the entrance you see below

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/@10.297083,123.8952871,3a,75y,345.49h,101.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9oYOJHghMKPDyzaQ45duYA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would NOT recommend the Epson Model L120 which is sold in like every computer store in the malls.

Print quality is good,ink is cheap but printer has firmware on it that at some point shuts the printer down saying that the ink pads are full (ink pads are not available). Had to take it to Epson to have it reset (still under warranty) but was told that the next time it happens the printer would have to be junked.Regardless of print quality the firmware shuts the printer down because it has been predetermined that too many parts of the printer have worn out due to usage. I might have printed 100 pages in the 2 years that I have owned it.

3 minutes ago, Bama said:

Would NOT recommend the Epson Model L120 which is sold in like every computer store in the malls.

Print quality is good,ink is cheap but printer has firmware on it that at some point shuts the printer down saying that the ink pads are full (ink pads are not available). Had to take it to Epson to have it reset (still under warranty) but was told that the next time it happens the printer would have to be junked.Regardless of print quality the firmware shuts the printer down because it has been predetermined that too many parts of the printer have worn out due to usage. I might have printed 100 pages in the 2 years that I have owned it.

Reset ink pad full

https://appuals.com/reset-waste-ink-pad-counter-for-epson-l110-l210-l300-l350-and-l355/

a video how to clear it

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz
38 minutes ago, Woolf said:

with canon the print head is changed with the cartridge

thanks for your help and taking the time to research this for us.  we will go for the canon and will head out tomorrow or this weekend to get it.   next coffee meetup is on me and thanks again my friend!  :biggrin_01:

• Like 2

I bought a Brother DCP-T310 At PC Quickbuys in SM Lacion about 6 months ago. It was about p7000.

It doesn't take cartridges just bottles of ink.

We've probably printed 10000 pages as every relative within 10km thinks it's cheaper to pay p14 fare and get free printing than to pay p10 for printing.

Ours does the print, scan, copy stuff and works with both regular and legal paper.

Not sure how we ever survived without one.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
Davaoeno

I print a lot of pages every month . I have used an HP 3630 all in one for the last 2 years without a problem 

[ all in one means you can scan , copy and print ]

I see they have the newer version on sale -   https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-3635-all-in-one-printer-i5586066-s7061594.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.16.598067e4OGYm5A&search=1

4.6/5

114 Ratings

86   5 star

18  4 star 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
colemanlee

The wife does a good bit of printing and uses a HP, we have had the one we presently use for several years.  Seem to get pretty good life with the cartridges and with four kids in school the projects are never ending...this one does everything but fax which we found we dont need as we just send doc.'s electronically.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

And....check out how available and expensive replacement ink and cartridges are with whatever you go with

Inkwise ink refill cost, could be cheaper at an inkwise shop

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/inkwise-premium-dye-ink-set-for-canon-printer-i141579-s183399.html

I am going to Fiesta Mall tomorrow, I will check the canon prices at inkwise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I also use an HP all in one printer. I couldn't be happier. Mine is an Envy 5515. It's 4 years old so I doubt if they still make that model.

I just found an HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One Compact Printer with Wireless Printing listed on sale at WalMart for $19. At that price, it shouldn't cost too much in Cebu either.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I also use an HP all in one printer. I couldn't be happier. Mine is an Envy 5515. It's 4 years old so I doubt if they still make that model.

I juist found an HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One Compact Printer with Wireless Printing listed on sale at WalMart for $19. At that price, it shouldn't cost too much in Cebu either.

Many HP printers feed paper from the front, that can be a problem when feeding extra thick paper

the 2622 feed from the back, much better

btw   HP like canon  use cartridges with build in print-head  another plus

• Like 2

I skimmed through this thread, but I notice most people talk about print head, or ink issue,

Buy a laser. 

• Like 2
cookie47
I skimmed through this thread, but I notice most people talk about print head, or ink issue,
Buy a laser. 

Yep,
I've always had Canon inkjets. However...

I've noticed that Lasers have become affordable to the Home User.

As i only want black print AND the usage would be low for me. (photos are cheap at the print shop in SM,)

SO I've certainly considered a Laser.

Any issues with a laser ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk