suggestions on where to buy a basic printer in cebu city

jtmwatchbiz

jtmwatchbiz

hi gang,

lately we find ourselves needing stuff printed and i'm looking for suggestions where in this city we can buy a basic printer.   we don't want anything fancy just reliable and low priced as this is a cost-sensitive application (i'm a cheapskate). 

i don't want to buy one online we prefer to go to a store so anyone know what brand and model would be good?  thanks!

• Like 3
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• jtmwatchbiz

• cookie47

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is all subjective, but I have found Brother to be more reliable than the other big names.

For those considering a laser printer, they don't cope with dust very well. If you are in an AC room should be no problem, but if it is to be used in a dusty area, big problem.  We usually go thr

hi gang, lately we find ourselves needing stuff printed and i'm looking for suggestions where in this city we can buy a basic printer.   we don't want anything fancy just reliable and low priced

Posted Images

cookie47
hi gang,
lately we find ourselves needing stuff printed and i'm looking for suggestions where in this city we can buy a basic printer.   we don't want anything fancy just reliable and low priced as this is a cost-sensitive application (i'm a cheapskate). 
i don't want to buy one online we prefer to go to a store so anyone know what brand and model would be good?  thanks!
Hi,
Well Well, I'm also have been looking for a printer but again being "budget conscious" have not committed.

Just by chance(as we were at the BI) we found a shop in Jmall that has a selection of makes and models.Dont ask me the name please but it will be quite obvious.
This was pleasing as SM and the Cybermall in Consolacion have very little choices.

EG,you can have any printer you like sir as long as it's this one (you get the idea)...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have bought a couple of printers at inkwise

Do NOT get an epson, get a canon

You will find inkwise  at

white gold

E-Mall

Fiesta Mall Tabunok

At white gold use this entrance it is just inside the door to the right 

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.3082828,123.9112014,3a,75y,107.63h,82.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srD87cuk6YW1MaonOKJ4CXw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Just where the blue tent is

Canons  http://inkwise.ph/ciss/canon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
RogerDuMond
3 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Do NOT get an epson, get a canon

It is all subjective, but I have found Brother to be more reliable than the other big names.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have had several epson printers  no good

the ink dries up in the print head, not using for half year will do that

with the canons  you change the print head with the ink cartrige (hmm  spelling), with the epson  buy a new printer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
22 minutes ago, Woolf said:

You will find inkwise  at

white gold

White Gold is closed as they are building a new store

I have had good luck with brother and there is a Brother service shop...I think on Escario. 

Whatever youget you may as well get a combo copier/scanner too. It's worth a few pesos more.

And....check out how available and expensive replacement ink and cartridges are with whatever you go with

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Dafey said:

White Gold is closed as they are building a new store

I have had good luck with brother and there is a Brother service shop...I think on Escario. 

Whatever youget you may as well get a combo copier/scanner too. It's worth a few pesos more.

And....check out how available and expensive replacement ink and cartridges are with whatever you go with

With the inkwise you get CISS, no need to buy cartridges

If you do not know what CISS is  check here 

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=ciss+ink&rlz=1C1CHBD_enDK757DK757&oq=ciss+ink+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.3719j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

I came back to Talisay oct 17,  after 6 months in denmark printer not used, to find that my black cartride has dried up

I need to take the printer to inkwise to have it cleaned, does not cost much

and it is as good as new

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
2 minutes ago, Woolf said:

With the inkwise you get CISS, no need to buy cartridges

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=ciss+ink&rlz=1C1CHBD_enDK757DK757&oq=ciss+ink+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.3719j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I have had problems with plugged nozzles with CISS systems when not using the printer frequently.

10 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I have had good luck with brother

My Brother printer self cleans if it hasn't been used consistently.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
18 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Interesting concept though...how expensive is the ink?

The epson printers I had in denmark  did NOT have CISS, still the nozzles plugged up

= new printer  as the print head is seperate from the cartridges

from inkwise  does not cost that much, anyway  you get full tanks  when buy printer

Not recommendations but very interesting reads on saving ink / cost per page

Cartridge vs Eco-tank

Inkjet vs Laser

https://www.consumerreports.org/printers/best-home-printer-you-can-find-just-your-type/

https://www.ldproducts.com/blog/most-ink-efficient-all-in-one-inkjet-printers/

Eco-Tanks seem to be the better deal if you print quite a bit ..... the ink costs less, but the printers cost more to begin with.   Kinda like getting LPG fitted to your car - the cost of the LPG system and fitting is high - so only works out a good ROI if you drive a lot - or in this case print a lot.

I bought a cheap HP combo printer wifi/eprint yada yada yada here at Octagon at SM City. I scan with the app they include really - does a great job.

Like many have said - the cartridges dry up if you don't print regularly - doing the cleaing routine wastes a lot of ink and doesn't always fix the issue. Removing the cartridge and carefully wiping over the ink holes with a moistened towelette or cloth seems to work better.

Brother printers ....hmmmm, never again. Used a non-brother Ink cart ONCE in a MFC printer - it disables the printer - only Brother would enabled it for a huge fee.  A nasty practice that lost them a lot of customers about a decade ago - not sure if they have loosened up that practice nowadays - but Google it....

jtmwatchbiz

brother seems like the way to go as i just did a search and they have a service center close by in mabolo.  however i could not easily research where in cebu city to buy one that is close by our capitol locale.  anyone know?

• Administrator
Dafey

SM City has a variety of shops on (I think) the 3rd floor where all the tech is. I've seen Brother printers there along with ink. We used to go there too to get our Brother cartridges refilled.

• Thanks 1