Sign in to follow this  
sierra01

Eye test

petecebu
34 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

looksfinetome.jpg

Sadly it seems he could not SEE the point...ah well.

• Haha 1

sierra01

Thank you for all your replys, she said she's going to Chong Hua for a proper eye health check, then see what they say.  Im English and an eye test here is the full Monty, I doubt she's ever had anything other than a normal eye test.  I've passed on your recommendations for new specs as well.

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Be careful in Chong Hua - I was there for executive checkup in February 2018 and the head doctor of the eye clinic then told me that I  "already have a cataract" and should become his private patient then.

I went to another doctor and he said my eyes is perfect and there's no sign of cataract.

I also checked for eye doctors in cebu and found, that the Chong Hua eye clinic is mentioned everywhere to be the best in doing cataract operations....

Something smells very fishy for me !

• Like 1

Kreole
11 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Be careful in Chong Hua - I was there for executive checkup in February 2018 and the head doctor of the eye clinic then told me that I  "already have a cataract" and should become his private patient then.

I went to another doctor and he said my eyes is perfect and there's no sign of cataract.

I also checked for eye doctors in cebu and found, that the Chong Hua eye clinic is mentioned everywhere to be the best in doing cataract operations....

Something smells very fishy for me !

I was in the same eye clinic and met the same doctor.  He seemed legit and was ready to operate, but I declined.  Having already paid the examination fee before I went into his office, the nurse directed me to a desk outside the office where I was requested to pay an additional 500 p for pre-op processing and I replied that I was not going to get operated.  The nurse replied that this is a formality in the case I return later to set up the appointment. 

I am soooo slow sometimes and paid the 500 p and received a yellow receipt.  I had thought there would be more processing, so I asked what next and was told that is all.  A real scam.  I should have asked for my money back and am still kicking myself in the butt for not doing that.  I paid for a piece of yellow paper that had absolutely no value.  I wonder how many other people fall for this bs?

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, Kreole said:

I was in the same eye clinic and met the same doctor. 

I also went to Jose Cymmer G. Go, M.D., the head of the department. He did an excellent job with a laser cleanup of some scaring that I had from a cataract operation done in the U.S.

sierra01

I've warned her not to part with any money, apart for the examination, without talking to me first.  So much easier and simpler here in the UK.

sierra01

She went to Cebu Velez General Hospital, had a Full eye health check and sight test (she's been getting a lot of bad headaches recently).  Eye health is fine, as is her sight, referred for migraine tests.  3 years ago an eye test at Verona Optical in J Mall said she needed glasses, now she doesn't.  Money scam perhaps?

• Thanks 1