Sign in to follow this  
petecebu

Cost for an angiogram in Cebu

petecebu

Anyone know what the cost of an angiogram would be in a Cebu city hospital? 

Edited by petecebu

Jawny

I don’t know the cost, but I think you can contact the cardiac center at Chong Hua hospital and they’ll advise you.  I recall seeing a list of various cardiac procedures and their respective costs.  Not sure angiogram was included.  Things like stress EKG, 2d echo cardio gram and such were listed.

It's possible that procedure is considered a form of surgery and will run up the costs.  

I’ve used google on occasion to find the cost of some medical procedures here and had reasonable success.  Ballpark costs anyway.

• Thanks 1

Headshot

Pete, nobody can really quote you the cost of an angiogram. Why? Because if they find something during the angiogram, they will go ahead and fix it (if they can). Generally, you will sign a consent that says they can do that before they do the angiogram. My cardiologist wanted to do an angiogram two years ago when my heart stopped working properly (due to damage caused by Dengue Fever), but I told him that I wouldn't do that in the Philippines (since Medicare and Tricare wouldn't cover me here, so I opted to go to the US for the procedure). In the US, the angiogram (and any resulting procedures) would be covered in full (and they were). In the Philippines, most of us have to pay cash, and then hope to be reimbursed by insurance (if we are lucky enough to be covered). With an angiogram, the resulting procedures can quickly break the bank. While medical care is usually less here than in a first-world country, it can be a false economy if things go wrong for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bmoore

Not exactly the answer to your question, but I have my bill for an angiogram done in San Diego at the beginning of the year. For this one I had NO follow up work, stent, etc.

Total Charge for every thing - 37,705 dollars

After Insurance Adjustment (Actual cost) - 11,900 dollars

Insurance paid - 7,214,43 dollars

With my high deductible insurance - I paid - 4,765 dollars

If you find an estimated cost in Cebu for just angiogram or angiogram and stent, please share.

• Thanks 1