Signing up for Medicare

Davaoeno

Philhealth Coverage for Colonoscopy

Nora

February 9, 2016

philhealth, surgery, treatment

Comments

Colonoscopy is a procedure done by a doctor to examine the large intestine to see inflammation, ulcers, tumors, lesions or abnormal growths like polyps, or foreign bodies.

The doctor uses a long flexible tube called colonoscope which is gently pushed through the anus to the large intestine. Images of the large intestine are transmitted to a monitor.

Colonoscopy is often performed to investigate the cause of persistent abdominal pain, prolonged constipation or diarrhea, thin stool, rectal bleeding, weight loss or body weakness.

Here are 7 types of colonoscopy through stoma, covered by Philhealth:

1. Diagnostic, with or without collection of specimen by brushing or washing
PF: 7,560
Hospital: 7,400
Total Coverage: 14,960

2. With single or multiple biopsies
PF: 7,560
Hospital: 7,400
Total Coverage: 14,960

3. With removal of foreign body
PF: 8,400
Hospital: 9,600
Total Coverage: 18,000

4. With control of bleeding, using any method

5. With removal of tumors, polyps, or other lesions by hot biopsy forceps or bipolar cautery

6. With ablation of tumors or polyps or other lesions not amenable to removal by hot biopsy forceps, bipolar cautery or snare technique
PF: 9,240
Hospital: 12,700
Total Coverage: 21,940

7. With removal of tumors, polyps, or other lesions by snare technique
PF: 9,240
Hospital: 12,700
Total Coverage: 21,940

*Can be single or multiple tumors, polyps or lesions

*PF means professional fee

*Hospital costs include costs of medicines, room, equipment and laboratory procedures

I am a bit confused but as best as I can figure you negotiate a rate with the hospital and doctor and Phil Health will cover the above deductions. 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• Jawny

• Bama

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who are retired military, they should be careful about this. Once you turn 65, if you opt out of Part B of Medicare, you are also opting out of Tricare. Tricare for Life depends on the money

I don’t believe the part B will be required unless you opt to have the coverage.  You can refuse the option of part B.  The risk is, if you opt to NOT accept the part B, and later decide you want the

Please try to be serious- some of us are figuring out how to get our anuses probed under the guise of " medical necessity "  !!!   

• Administrator
Dafey
32 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I am a bit confused but as best as I can figure you negotiate a rate with the hospital and doctor and Phil Health will cover the above deductions. 

So I can pick the highest bidder?

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, Dafey said:

So I can pick the highest bidder?

Please try to be serious- some of us are figuring out how to get our anuses probed under the guise of " medical necessity "  !!!   :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, petecebu said:

Maybe try a ladyboy....lol

(Joke only mods..we do have to laugh at ourselves now and again)

If you are referring to gay physicians, one of the most well respected Internists here is homosexual. He is highly recommended and gets referrals regularly. Not sure if he does any comedy acts.