Bassix

Great Kodi Addon

Bassix

Hey if any of you are running Kodi and keep running into walls with streaming addons such as Exodus and others because they keep being taken down or they haven't been updated for a while, well I found a great addon that rocks!

It's called Quasar. It's a Kodi addon that acts exactly like torrent software. It goes out and scrapes torrent servers and brings back any movie you are browsing or searching for. It has an interface like Exodus and other Kodi movie streaming addons.

The best part is it downloads the torrent to your device while you are watching the movie/show so there are zero buffering issues. You're probably 5 minutes into the movie before the download is done (provided you have good internet speed and unlimited bandwidth). When you are done watching the movie/show the torrent is removed from your device.

I did a tone of searching for a "torrent like" Kodi addon and came across Quasar. No more steaming problems. Hi-def blue ray quality.

Just remember to put your pirate patch on while using 🤣

• Like 3

GBT62

is it pretty configurable ?   I often decide 5 minutes into a movie that it's cr*p and move on to another one. I don't wanna fill my NAS with the bad ones :D 

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Problem with those torrents is that they are watched - so if you use that on copyrighted material without a VPN be sure that someday someone will knock on your door and sue you for violating the law.

SkyMan
19 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

Problem with those torrents is that they are watched - so if you use that on copyrighted material without a VPN be sure that someday someone will knock on your door and sue you for violating the law.

Anyone know someone this actually happened to?  I know one person in the US that got a cease and desist from their ISP but I've been torrenting for years without so much as a warning email. 

Bassix
1 hour ago, GBT62 said:

is it pretty configurable ?   I often decide 5 minutes into a movie that it's cr*p and move on to another one. I don't wanna fill my NAS with the bad ones :D 

Ya I'm the same when it comes to movies, 5 or 10 minutes to make my decision to invest two hours of my time.

It asks if you want to continue downloading after you stop the movie and removes the file. I don't think you can have multiple torrents downloaded.

It's a pretty easy setup on Kodi. You can find install instructions if you google Quasar for Kodi.

1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

Yes I agree you have to be careful that's why I also use a VPN that has a Kodi addon. Masks my IP address so my ISP can't trace what I'm downloading.

Edited by Bassix

GBT62
3 hours ago, Bassix said:

Ya I'm the same when it comes to movies, 5 or 10 minutes to make my decision to invest two hours of my time.

It asks if you want to continue downloading after you stop the movie and removes the file. I don't think you can have multiple torrents downloaded.

It's a pretty easy setup on Kodi. You can find install instructions if you google Quasar for Kodi.

yeah cool ty.

I DL'ed it earlier - gave it a go - doesn't seem to like NAS or my Kodi beta so far :)  I just threw in an SD card too as the DL location and it fails to start.   Will uninstall laster and try again :)

GBT62

Interesting - have downloaded and installed this fork - Elementum ....

image.png.e8df875336ad9459f964995f49bae6a2.png

Supports accessing my NAS as the buffer/DL location - and isn't crashing on the lastest Kodi 18 Beta :thumbsup:

Bassix

Cool I'll have to try.

Goetz1965

I know only from Germany that they are very fast there in sending those letters from lawyers and have you to pay huge amounts.

Why use a add-on - why not use a torrent client, get the links and dl them all - then copy to the hdd and watch later

SkyMan

Never had a problem here or in the us including my vacation a few months ago. 

GBT62
On 11/9/2018 at 4:45 PM, GBT62 said:

Elementum

a new version of this dropped yesterday - main fix I noticed is - it now works with Kodi 18 Beta 5 :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1