Sign in to follow this  
mabutiman

Paul Petrea - LinC Founder Dead At 52

Panserhansen

RIP Paul.  Your forum brought people together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan

Lots of help through the years.  Go in peace. 

• Like 1

RedRanger
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, John B said:

I met Paul in 2002 in Cebu Ciyu and we have been close friends since.      He moved to Thailand for awhile for a change of scenery, visited Sihanoukville, Cambodia early 2012 on a visa renewal run and just stayed.    

I moved from Cebu to Sihanoukville, May 2012.    

Paul met Chan there and instantly became a pair.,    Eventually moving to Battambang where Chan has a farm about 30k outside town.

They split there time between a city apartment and living quarters they built at the farm.

About 2 1/2 months ago Paul started to experience random abdominal pains.    About 3 weeks ago he consulted a doctyor.    Blood tests and MRI showed pancreatic cancer, stage 4.

Diagnosis was perhaps   6 months.

About 4 days later he took a severe change for the worse while at the farm with Chan.

She called me and then managed to get him in a tuktuk and to the hospitol     I got him admitted.     The did further blood test, 2 blood transfusions and IVs for meds, sucrose.

Next morning the doctor said he had at best one week.

We checked him out and returned him to the farm.    He was barely aware of his surrounding, in and out of coma.

The next evening, Nov 8, about 8:20 he passed away.

Myself and some other of Pauls friends will hold a wake here in Battambang, Saturday, Nov 17 at The Delicious Restaurant.   No Host event,  to honor his life and send him on to wherever he is going.     At least it was very quick and he did not suffer much.

Thanks for the update. Paul was one of few good friends I have or had. Hate to hear he passed, but thankfully it was fast. I last talked to him via email on late July 2018

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 2

RedRanger

I meet Paul on my second visit to Philippines back in 2008, I stayed at his place in Danao for a few days, we hung out in Cebu for a few days,  I made subsequent trips and visited him a few more times and hung out with him in CarCar a few times.

I am just finding out about his passing,  me and him it off like brothers since we were both from the south.

Paul was and still is my good friend

• Like 4

bounder

Met Paul one weekend at a gathering in Moalboal in Dec. 2010.  The thing I remember most about Paul was his call, "Where is my Jack Daniels" when entering a drinking establishment.   Would PM stories on little published WWII events which he always enjoyed.  And although I spoke with him infrequently via PM, embarrassingly, I never did know his last name...nor did I ever ask for it either I guess. 

RIP Paul.  

• Like 2

ellenbrook2001

oh my god didn't know  Paul past away so sad knew him personally when a did meet him in CEBU 15 years ago never has a problem with him 

so rest in peace hu so sad

• Like 1

scoander

Thanks, Paul. Rest in Peace.  I feel that you are the friend I never met.

• Like 2

Mr. Mike

Nice comment Poby…………...don't be a stranger buddy.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Thanks 1

TheDuke

I just learned of Paul's passing.  I met him in November 2010 at the Camp Fire Grill in Carcar. Spent a couple of hours with him enjoying some good food and lots of Jack Daniels.  Had a great time.  Rest in peace Paul.  

Philippines-0595.thumb.jpg.0d714d3efb4c59fa1e4190037406f5ea.jpg

Philippines-0602.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Banacon

RIP Paul

For Real

Thanks and goodbye Paul. R.I.P

• Like 1

RangerUp

I first joined LinC with a long forgotten account over 10 years ago around my first trip to CC, had some interactions with Paul and for a website boss, he always seemed fair, reasonable even personable. You can't not respect a guy that puts his full name on every page of his website.

I always associated LinC's silly emoji's with Paul, and every time I see or use one, it's like a reminder of who built this helpful place. Not sure if the new owner thought of replacing them, but kinda glad he didn't.

Although some of them exactly didn't age well...

:dance2::owned::jailbait::wave::smileywhore::hitit:

RIP

Edited by RangerUp
  • Like 5

Jess Bartone

RIP Paul