mabutiman

Paul Petrea - LinC Founder Dead At 52

badian
On 1/1/2019 at 8:28 PM, RedRanger said:

I think it was called Camp Fire Grill in Carcar

in 2010 it probably would have been called the Urock, owned by an American guy called Ron who left the Philippines in about March 2011. I passed by there on the motorbike last year and the site is now a small factory. 

shadow
2 hours ago, badian said:

in 2010 it probably would have been called the Urock, owned by an American guy called Ron who left the Philippines in about March 2011. I passed by there on the motorbike last year and the site is now a small factory. 

Urock and Campfire were not affiliated. Campfire (owned by Sam) started near Gaisano, and then moved to the south end of town near the motorcycle dealer. Urock (Owned by Ron) was heading out of town to the north, and you took the cutoff toward the sea for a half km or so. Both places were pretty decent, enjoyed them both.

• Like 2

Jess Bartone

RIP Paul

KeithAngel

Happy travells fella thanks for all the help and fun times 2007-11

badian
21 hours ago, shadow said:

Urock and Campfire were not affiliated. Campfire (owned by Sam) started near Gaisano, and then moved to the south end of town near the motorcycle dealer. Urock (Owned by Ron) was heading out of town to the north, and you took the cutoff toward the sea for a half km or so. Both places were pretty decent, enjoyed them both.

Urock was probably the very best foreigner bar I have ever seen in the Philippines. Which is saying something, as I've seen a lot. Menu just right. Prices keen. He'd got the mix.  Filipinos and foreigners. It wasn't just a bunch of saddo lard-assed foreigners, sitting at a bar with pathetic small 330ml beers. Some nights it would be Filipino families, Grandes, and videoke. 

it is kind of interesting that no foreigner bar in Carcar has actually lasted a long time when you would have thought that they might - it's a big place. The foreigner bars in Argao and Dalaguete, much smaller places, have lasted far longer. 

• Like 3

Ozbrum

Not a frequent visitor to this site recently,only just read this " news "

Although i never met Paul, i did have some interaction and always found him quick to respond to queries and very amicable....

Condolences to Pauls family and friends,

Guess we all know where we are going so maybe we can meet there sometime.

Al and Family

• Like 2

ahoy53

Just heard the bad news,RI P big guy

Met Paul years back,at his home and office for pointman,learned a lot from him and his forum 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smokey

I think of this sometimes and wonder if you truley.see.it coming or cling to the idea its only.a bump in the road as i am 67 now.i reflect on how lucky.i am to being on earth 15.years longer then paul got to be and.all i would.of missed if.that.did.not.happen 

• Like 9

Salty Dog

Paul was the brunt of many of the memes that I posted in forums long gone. He usually found them humorous and had some great comebacks too.

motivatore49b47682df9fa1ca24be92e63749c52cf824e5e.jpg

• Like 5

InternetTough

RIP Paul Petrea.

Your forum was a great help to me in living in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Paddy
On 11/15/2018 at 1:07 AM, Soarking said:

A man I never met, seldom agreed with and more than likely would not have been friends with if I would have met him personally.  He touched my life and saddens me deeply to hear of his passing.   

Thank you @InternetTough for bringing the thread up on the portal when I was likely to see it. I had no idea...

Soarking’s words work for me. 

This forum is a great legacy to the global community from Paul. 

RIP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cebuandrew

Dang, I don't watch this forum much anymore and just seeing this thread.

Paul, you were a renegade in a good way. And you put up with me besides my strong opinions at times. So much respect. I'll miss you.

ellenbrook2001

did meet PAUL when he started  LIVING in CEBU forums never had a problem with him he did help me a lot to finding my way around CEBU shame his gone  peace be with you

• Like 3

DeedleNuts

Was thinking about the big ape again last week. He made a mark and is missed. 

• Thanks 1