• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeedleNuts

• Mr. Mike

• Headshot

• PhilsFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I met Paul in 2002 in Cebu Ciyu and we have been close friends since.      He moved to Thailand for awhile for a change of scenery, visited Sihanoukville, Cambodia early 2012 on a visa renewal run and

Paul was cremated in Phnom Penh on December 9.   Chan has his ashs/urn with her at the farm.   I was a witness at the cremation.  

These days I come to this forum infrequently so I've only now learned the sad news of Paul's passing.  The expression "larger than life" would be an apt description of him methinks.  I met him a few t

Posted Images

MattFromGA

RIP Paul.

Its been 8 years since I lived in Cebu, but I knew Paul somewhat from the 5 or so times we did hang out. We also chatted online via the forums over the years.  I enjoyed chatting with him and discussing topics.  Like others, I was banned a few times, but overall did enjoy using the forums while I lived there.  I did a few of the Ayala expat gatherings, etc.  I'll never forget a few of the times we met up at bars.  I had some experiences with Paul that helped define my experience in Cebu.

It saddened me to hear of Paul's passing. Although I never met Paul he touched my life through the forum which gave me lots of great info and hours of entertainment and for that I thank him. I have heard many stories about help that Paul has given others, often to people he barely knew and that says a lot about Paul.

May Paul rest in peace and may his family heal from the pain of their loss.

I will always miss Paul's forum.

• Like 4
contraman

:rip:

Edited by contraman
A_Simple_Man

R.I.P. Paul.  And thank you for all your help over the years.  I hear you want a Buddhist ceremony.  If that reincarnation stuff works for you then you may read this thread one day.  It's nice that you will see so many paying their respects.  You had a good heart, too bad you did not have a good pancreas to match.  See ya in the next life :highfive:

• Like 2

I wanted to send a few words to Samantha Petrea, kind words of course.  But cannot determine which Samantha she is?

Soarking

RIP Paul,    It was Paul’s LinC form that helped me prepare for my 2+ years living in Cebu.  And it was Paul’s LinC form that helped me maintain my sanity while living there.   And for me it will always be Paul’s LinC form no matter who claims ownership.

A man I never met, seldom agreed with and more than likely would not have been friends with if I would have met him personally.  He touched my life and saddens me deeply to hear of his passing.   

• Like 9
smokey

Yes i never meet with paul also but am glad he started this forum as i learned from it sad to see he did not have time to enjoy his life and farm for long.  RIP

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Would someone please PM me with Samantha's contact info, I'd like to send her some kind words.  If this is considered off topic, please do move it to the appropriate place.

Thank you.