• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeedleNuts

• Headshot

• Mr. Mike

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I met Paul in 2002 in Cebu Ciyu and we have been close friends since.      He moved to Thailand for awhile for a change of scenery, visited Sihanoukville, Cambodia early 2012 on a visa renewal run and

Paul was cremated in Phnom Penh on December 9.   Chan has his ashs/urn with her at the farm.   I was a witness at the cremation.  

These days I come to this forum infrequently so I've only now learned the sad news of Paul's passing.  The expression "larger than life" would be an apt description of him methinks.  I met him a few t

Posted Images

9 hours ago, yingy52 said:

Hope he won't suffer much.

One of my oldest friends had pancreatic cancer----- very painful death 

prayers to you Paul

the.lone.gunman

Sad to hear. i hope he has minimal suffering and easy passage. RIP Paul.

TequilaSunset

Long story short Docs gave my dad 6 months, went in 6 days. Condolences to Paul and his family

Busted Dick

I think all on here owe Paul a debt of gratitude for doing so much to keep this forum going which has allowed us to share information and generally keep our knowledge of life here up to date.  I only met him once; about 15 years ago; seemed an OK guy.  Hope his final days are peaceful.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
PhilsFan

Very sad news.

Paul has always been 100% professional in all my dealings with him. Last week, when he was going through all of this, when he really should have been attending to himself....you know what he was doing? Paul was making sure PayPal correctly refunded a charge to my account from when he owned LinC. It was MY mistake, he was spending his precious time helping ME. He never said a word what he was going through.  

Paul hated most of my political positions...and yet he defended my right to speak on his forum many, many times. Though I never met the man, I always planned to...so very sad I will not have that opportunity. Paul is Paul and I will choose to remember him fondly. 

Paul, if your reading this, know that you will be missed, that people, everyone on this forum owes you a debt of gratitude for your work and dedication to LinC. I hope your final days are as pleasant as possible, that you find your peace.  

• Like 8

Never met the guy. I am, however very impressed and grateful for the LINC forums that have been for me a treasure trove of info. 

Anyone new here or contemplating moving here would do well to read each and every forum thread

Many thanks

• Like 2
Headshot

Paul always said he thought his heart would go first, since he had a family history of heart attacks at early ages. I'm sure this came as a shock to him (even though he actually never expected to live as long as he has). Hopefully they have him on pain killers sufficient to keep him totally out of pain until he passes. Go in peace, big guy.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, enoonmai said:

Very sorry to hear. When I was badly hurt and didn't hardly know a soul, Paul was right there asking what I needed and following up every single day. I'll never forget it. All the best.

Wasn't around when he was but he sounds like he was a genuine guy who cared for members and set a great example without ridicule.

All the best Paul... thanks for setting this up.  Cheers.

Irenicus

Paul and I butted heads on more that a few occasions.  He banned me from the forum twice, actually.  THEN, he had the audacity to accept a bet that Hillary would win the presidential election.  Had to PayPal him $200.00 for that one.  Despite this, we actually Skyped once while he was in Cambodia.  

I actually came to the Philippines because I Googled "cheap places to retire." (I'm not retired, but I thought that would be a good way to find cheap countries to live in.) Among the results was a link to Paul's OLD website/page where he talked about living in a bedspacer.  That brought me to the LinC forums which prepared me for about 95% of the stuff that I have encountered in the Philippines over the past five years.

Anyhoo.  I just hope that they have the heavy-duty painkillers available that he is going to need.  I wouldn't wish any kind of cancer on anyone.  

Best to him and his loved ones.

• Like 6
Headshot
Just now, petecebu said:

Wasn't around when he was but he sounds like he was a genuine guy who cared for members and set a great example without ridicule.

All the best Paul... thanks for setting this up.  Cheers.

Paul is no saint, but he cared about LinC Forums and its members.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Paul is no saint, but he cared about LinC Forums and its members.

Maybe we should consider him a saint now for all his efforts to produce a forum like this and his caring of members with his personal interaction.

• Like 1
Irenicus
1 hour ago, petecebu said:

Maybe we should consider him a saint now for all his efforts to produce a forum like this and his caring of members with his personal interaction.

Naw. Too soon to have him canonized.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
PhilsFan

I am looking to send Paul a message. I have found no mention of Paul in the Living in Cambodia forum. Can anyone help me out with a way to contact Paul, please?

HeyMike
6 minutes ago, PhilsFan said:

I am looking to send Paul a message. I have found no mention of Paul in the Living in Cambodia forum. Can anyone help me out with a way to contact Paul, please?

I believe Paul said on fb that he was closing all his accounts (fb, forum, etc.). He asked not to be contacted by anyone and for people not to visit. He mentioned that if things went well, he would be back and let people know. I am not sure if that changed.

• Thanks 1