• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeedleNuts

• Mr. Mike

• Headshot

• Aerosick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I met Paul in 2002 in Cebu Ciyu and we have been close friends since.      He moved to Thailand for awhile for a change of scenery, visited Sihanoukville, Cambodia early 2012 on a visa renewal run and

Paul was cremated in Phnom Penh on December 9.   Chan has his ashs/urn with her at the farm.   I was a witness at the cremation.  

These days I come to this forum infrequently so I've only now learned the sad news of Paul's passing.  The expression "larger than life" would be an apt description of him methinks.  I met him a few t

Posted Images

Not a frequent visitor to this site recently,only just read this " news "

Although i never met Paul, i did have some interaction and always found him quick to respond to queries and very amicable....

Condolences to Pauls family and friends,

Guess we all know where we are going so maybe we can meet there sometime.

Al and Family

• Like 2

Just heard the bad news,RI P big guy

Met Paul years back,at his home and office for pointman,learned a lot from him and his forum 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
smokey

I think of this sometimes and wonder if you truley.see.it coming or cling to the idea its only.a bump in the road as i am 67 now.i reflect on how lucky.i am to being on earth 15.years longer then paul got to be and.all i would.of missed if.that.did.not.happen 

• Like 9
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Paul was the brunt of many of the memes that I posted in forums long gone. He usually found them humorous and had some great comebacks too.

motivatore49b47682df9fa1ca24be92e63749c52cf824e5e.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
InternetTough

RIP Paul Petrea.

Your forum was a great help to me in living in the Philippines.

• Like 1
Paddy
On 11/15/2018 at 1:07 AM, Soarking said:

A man I never met, seldom agreed with and more than likely would not have been friends with if I would have met him personally.  He touched my life and saddens me deeply to hear of his passing.   

Thank you @InternetTough for bringing the thread up on the portal when I was likely to see it. I had no idea...

Soarking’s words work for me. 

This forum is a great legacy to the global community from Paul. 

RIP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Cebuandrew

Dang, I don't watch this forum much anymore and just seeing this thread.

Paul, you were a renegade in a good way. And you put up with me besides my strong opinions at times. So much respect. I'll miss you.

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

did meet PAUL when he started  LIVING in CEBU forums never had a problem with him he did help me a lot to finding my way around CEBU shame his gone  peace be with you

• Like 3
DeedleNuts

Was thinking about the big ape again last week. He made a mark and is missed. 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I had keep in contact with Paul over the years since he left the Philippines.  I would always email him when I would go back to Cebu to let him know. We came back to Cebu last Feb (2019) and never got a return email, sadly, now I know why.    He and my wife (Gina) were Facebook friends and he would send 'likes' to her over the years. 

He will be missed by many. 

RIP my brother. 

image.png.73aa2e525bde1639e717985d4fb91615.png

Mooon Cafe and Cebu spots July 2011 052.jpg

Edited by tim
correct spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I noticed he received a lot of bad mouthing even including some odd website. True or untrue I have no idea. I can only say he was more then decent, fair and honest with my interactions. More important he was consistently like that and never less. I can only go by my experience and say all nice things about Paul. 

• Like 9
  • 4 weeks later...
calasiaobound

Damn this forum is different.  Is that cuz pauls gone?  

Regardless  rip man.  Sucks to hear

• Like 2
softail
2 hours ago, calasiaobound said:

Damn this forum is different.  Is that cuz pauls gone?  

Regardless  rip man.  Sucks to hear

Paul’s larger than life personally definitely impacted the feel of the site for sure

• Like 3
Ozepete
4 hours ago, softail said:

Paul’s larger than life personally definitely impacted the feel of the site for sure

Sure does seem different these days but anyways, good to see ya here posting again... cheers

• Like 2