Lordblacknail

Anybody Got A VPN that they are happy with?

Lordblacknail

I am moving back to the US in July and am starting to have issues connecting to sites. I need a decent VPN that isn't too expensive. Any ideas?

MarinePride

I use Ivacy and have had it for over two years now.  On the annual plan I'm paying less than 3 bucks a month for it.  Lots of countries to connect to and it's the only paid VPN I've ever used.  

When I'm in the USA I've noticed increasing difficulty connecting to public wifi using a VPN.  It's as if they know by the ports or IP address that you are using a vpn and they don't like it.  I've had this problem at Walmart, Pilot/Flying J truck stops, McDonalds and other places that offer free wifi.  It didn't used to be like that, FYI.

TequilaSunset

Cyber Ghost...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RogerDuMond

I use NordVPN and have not had any problems with it.

• Like 1

GBT62

Am currently using ExpressVPN - seems to work well, keeps no logs and runs on most platforms.

I run it on iPhone, AndroidTV box and PC/HDMI sticks running Win10 - great for streaming TV and TerrariumTV so far. It also runs on routers (well I had it on my DD-WRT - not sure what others). 

Irenicus

I use VPN Unlimited.  Can stream and torrent and do all that fun stuff.  Lots of servers across the world, they don't keep logs and it's speedy quick.

Lifetime subscription was 40 bucks. 

Promo code (NOT an affiliate link): 

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

liquido
3 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

I use NordVPN and have not had any problems with it.

Are you having problems connecting to amazon Prime? No where near a techy but Amazon Prime,Netflix seem to find ways of blocking all the VPN's.....

Edited by liquido

RogerDuMond
2 minutes ago, liquido said:

Are you having problems connecting to amazon Prime?

I don't have Prime. I just order things from regular Amazon and my wife throws them in a Balikbayan box.

liquido
9 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

I don't have Prime. I just order things from regular Amazon and my wife throws them in a Balikbayan box.

I think I worded that wrong...I meant if you have a Firestick are you able to watch Amazon Prime programming that is offered with it...If your payng for Hula,Netflix...etc tring to watch these being outside the USA through a VPN seems fruitless....

RogerDuMond

Can't help you. I have Netflix through Globe and FOX+ through Cignal and I stream both from my phone to my TV using a Chromecast 2 device.

I basically only use the VPN for when I need to contact a US website that won't allow me to log in from the Philippines.

Wrye83
1 hour ago, liquido said:

I think I worded that wrong...I meant if you have a Firestick are you able to watch Amazon Prime programming that is offered with it...If your payng for Hula,Netflix...etc tring to watch these being outside the USA through a VPN seems fruitless....

I have had problems with NordVPN + Prime in the past but the problem seems to have resolved itself recently. When I was having issues connecting with US servers I would either 1.) navigate to the show I wanted without the VPN on, flip on the VPN to start the video and then immediately turn off the VPN once the video started playing (it only checks your IP when the video first starts) or 2.) I would connect to the German servers instead, seems all the shows I watch are available there, including HBO.

I am currently having issues with Comedy Central; it seems that they have their site completely locked down with Nord's servers/IPs...even for the obfuscated servers. That's fine I guess, VPN works great with torrent sites, I'll just steal their crap and avoid all the commercials that make them money (j/k I would never steal from Hollywood, I know they are in desperate need of the money <_<). 

I have zero issues with NordVPN on Hulu or Netflix. Hulu doesn't seem to region block, I watch it from Afghan IPs without any issues. Netflix also works on Afghan IPs but they have a slightly different content lineup. You can search for movies and switch your VPN to the country it is available in by searching for the movie on this site

• Like 1

Salty Dog
4 hours ago, liquido said:

Netflix seem to find ways of blocking all the VPN's.....

Check this out. https://www.unblock-us.com

Works great with Netflix and Roku streaming.

I'm talking about their DNS service.

You can try it for free...

• Like 1

Bassix

I use Unblockr. 100% anonymous and they don't store your history. Your ISP can't see what you're streaming or downloading. I have found no decrease in speed on my Android box running Kodi. Cheers!

http://unblockr.net

Goetz1965

https://airvpn.orgAirVPN 
A VPN based on OpenVPN and operated by activists and hacktivists in defence of net neutrality, privacy and against censorship.

I use it for nearly 3 years now - never had any issues.
1 year subscription is 62$
What I find most necessary is, that AirVPN doesn't keep any log files on their servers. So after you terminate your session all data is deleted - no authorities can get back to you in case they raid a AirVPN Server as there's literally no data what you had done before.

throttleplate

pure vpn using it for 5 years now and its onsale.