Jump to content

Why Can't I Search And Find Something?


Lordblacknail

Recommended Posts

Lordblacknail

Everytime I want to search for an old discussion or topic, it never works. Why is that? I want to find a discussion on VPN's but when I type VPN in the search box, it says nothing there. I have seen hundreds of discussions on VPN's on this forum, so why can't I find one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond

Try entering the search term virtual network.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found that  short "words"  like vpn  seldom gives any results

 

try put the below in a google search

livingincebu vpn

I got a few results then

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

It's the way the software works.

Searching can use a lot of server resources.

The search engine won't search on words such as the, and, an, too, to and so on.

I think any word 3 letters in length or less will not work.

Many Acronyms, just happen to fall into this as well.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lordblacknail said:

Everytime I want to search for an old discussion or topic, it never works. Why is that? I want to find a discussion on VPN's but when I type VPN in the search box, it says nothing there. I have seen hundreds of discussions on VPN's on this forum, so why can't I find one?

Use google, it is a better search engine, type following it gives you everything

VPN site:https://www.livingincebuforums.com

(their are ways you can even go way back in time..not with with google though and not with "normal browser" but this another topic)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Its just to the right of the Donations tab.

3 minutes ago, fred42 said:

I cant find the search bar..

Its just to the right of the donations tab.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
31 minutes ago, fred42 said:

I cant find the search bar..

Is it me or has it gone?

Depends on which theme you are using.

IPS Default and Magnum Default: Top under your user name.

 

Capture.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
4 minutes ago, fred42 said:

Ah,that might be why.
I chose IPS Focus.
 

There isn't one called IPS Focus...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
fred42

Copy pasted from bottom of page.. 
IPS Theme by IPSFocus
Whatever it is..
No search bar that I can see.

If I click on "theme" it has "custom colors" ticked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
21 minutes ago, fred42 said:

Copy pasted from bottom of page.. 
IPS Theme by IPSFocus
Whatever it is..
No search bar that I can see.

If I click on "theme" it has "custom colors" ticked.

IPSFocus is the company who made the Custom Color Theme.

This is what I see when I click on Theme.

Capture.JPG

Try any of them except the Custom Colors.

You may not be able to see two IPS Default themes like shown on mine though.

I'll try and find out why the search is missing on the Custom Colors. 

This usually happens when there has been some sort of update and the theme is no longer supported. We try not to completely remove them though because many members may be using it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
fred42
11 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

IPSFocus is the company who made the Custom Color Theme.

This is what I see when I click on Theme.

Capture.JPG

Try any of them except the Custom Colors.

You may not be able to see two IPS Default themes like shown on mine though.

I'll try and find out why the search is missing on the Custom Colors. 

This usually happens when there has been some sort of update and the theme is no longer supported. We try not to completely remove them though because many members may be using it.


It used to be fine but since your last update everything went pear shaped.. No search bar and the top bar follows me as I scroll down.
For some reason,it didn't occur to me that it was due to the theme I chose back then..
Ive now chosen IPS default,so problem solved,except I miss the colours!!
Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey
26 minutes ago, fred42 said:

No search bar and the top bar follows me as I scroll down.

I had the same issue...I switched to IPS default and okay now

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
12 minutes ago, fred42 said:


It used to be fine but since your last update everything went pear shaped.. No search bar and the top bar follows me as I scroll down.
For some reason,it didn't occur to me that it was due to the theme I chose back then..
Ive now chosen IPS default,so problem solved,except I miss the colours!!
Cheers.

I have always found the forum search engine to be quite inadequate. If I want to search the forum I use google and include the forum address, like this;

 

"IR1 visa livingincebuforums.com"

 

Google is a far superior search engine. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..