bkb1

Line-cutting, rude ‘Chinese mainlanders’ draw ire of Filipinos

bkb1

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1050654/p2fb-line-cutting-rude-chinese-mainlanders-draw-ire-of-filipino-netizens

“Kanina lang (Just a while ago). I queued to the cashier when Chinese mainland guy cut thru the line, took off his shirt and paid for it. I felt so invaded even at Uniqlo,” the netizen wrote

In later comments, the Twitter user explained that he is “Tsinoy” and overheard the person speaking Mandarin, thus identifying the man as a Chinese national. The cashier had reportedly gestured to the man to put his shirt back on but to no avail.

The post has sparked outrage and a slew of other observations towards foreigners identified as Chinese tourists.

Mary Bee (@Marybeezzz) said she had an encounter with “mainlanders” who tried to enter membership shopping chain S&R. The security guard told them they needed a membership ID, to which the foreigners allegedly said, “We are Chinese!”

“The nerve of this people! They actually act as if they ‘own’ the country,” the netizen said.

Edited by bkb1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

RR3
3 hours ago, bkb1 said:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1050654/p2fb-line-cutting-rude-chinese-mainlanders-draw-ire-of-filipino-netizens

“Kanina lang (Just a while ago). I queued to the cashier when Chinese mainland guy cut thru the line, took off his shirt and paid for it. I felt so invaded even at Uniqlo,” the netizen wrote

In later comments, the Twitter user explained that he is “Tsinoy” and overheard the person speaking Mandarin, thus identifying the man as a Chinese national. The cashier had reportedly gestured to the man to put his shirt back on but to no avail.

The post has sparked outrage and a slew of other observations towards foreigners identified as Chinese tourists.

Mary Bee (@Marybeezzz) said she had an encounter with “mainlanders” who tried to enter membership shopping chain S&R. The security guard told them they needed a membership ID, to which the foreigners allegedly said, “We are Chinese!”

“The nerve of this people! They actually act as if they ‘own’ the country,” the netizen said.

Well, basically they do own the country. Most all PI cities evolved as Chinese trading ports. And the richest families are Chinese.

• Like 2

softail
9 minutes ago, RR3 said:

Well, basically they do own the country. Most all PI cities evolved as Chinese trading ports. And the richest families are Chinese.

Well if that’s the case, perhaps there should be a Chinese only line at the checkout along side the senior citizens line.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bama

"Line-cutting, rude ‘Chinese mainlanders’ draw ire of Filipino netizens"

Wow, there is a pot/kettle cliche here somewhere. LOL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Dafey
7 hours ago, bkb1 said:

The security guard told them they needed a membership ID, to which the foreigners allegedly said, “We are Chinese!”

I've heard this before....ah yes...."But we're Americans"

And before I start getting slammed, I'm an American that lives down that attitude every day. It's sad when my family introduces me to someone and they say he doesn't act like an American.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Bama
56 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Never encountered this attitude locally coming from Americans.

A couple of Euros that I know here are a different story ! LOL

• Like 2

Goetz1965

If I ever would encounter that I would tell that guy to fall in line.

If he then would ell me "Im Chinese" - I would raise my voice and only tell back "And I am German, you know what THAT means - make way for the Herrenrasse! " 

LOL

• Haha 1

Enuff
And before I start getting slammed, I'm an American that lives down that attitude every day. It's sad when my family introduces me to someone and they say he doesn't act like an American.
It's not a compliment, most think you're an Aussie

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GBT62

I am learning to speak Cebuano - have not come across the term "queue" yet ...... probably not in mandarin either :scratch_head:

One thing the Japanese could teach a lot of Asia.

• Like 2

Jack Rat
5 hours ago, GBT62 said:

I am learning to speak Cebuano - have not come across the term "queue" yet ...... probably not in mandarin either :scratch_head:

I guess that is why the Philippines is also known as "The land of many elbows"!:biggrin_01:

BossHog
12 hours ago, bkb1 said:

I queued to the cashier when Chinese mainland guy cut thru the line, took off his shirt and paid for it.

Yes! Going shopping for clothes, trying them on, and then stripping down at the check-out line to pay is reasonable behavior.

You people must have a lot of hang-ups and need to get out more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

I am learning to speak Cebuano - have not come across the term "queue" yet ...... probably not in mandarin either .One thing the Japanese could teach a lot of Asia.

I'm confused - are you saying the Japanese can teach a lot of Asians  Mandarin ??  or Cebuano ??

1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

"queue"

Google --- About 785,000,000 results (0.38 seconds) 

GBT62

image.png.ae01ec3977b59f3c2d9faba81fa30a04.png

image.png.399a54db396823a98a67c2fa78818e68.pngimage.png.68bd517ec7d07ba37c9ebf9fa98dbade.png 

image.png.a625ee80922498fee0ced248c71ed88e.png

• Like 1

RR3
5 hours ago, GBT62 said:

排 (pai) , 队 (dui) = fall in line

Also means formation which is more close how Asians interpret queue. Anyways queue is French and not English and a queue is also a particular kind of abstract data type.

PS Best formations I had in Chinese bank where smoking was Ok

yingy52
9 hours ago, Dafey said:

I've never heard that in my almost 16 years of living here. I've been offered preferential treatment but always said I'll wait. Maybe you have VIP gringos where you live.

It's true though that Filipinos from the provinces will treat you like a rock star mostly because they usually only see foreigners on tv. 

• Like 1