41 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

And that bras are evil...

Bras are the debil! Rodney Carrington song “Let them be free!”

Kreole

Now, for the cause?

RogerDuMond
35 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Now, for the cause?

From one of the articles cited by the OP.

While the cause has yet to be pinpointed, medical experts have attributed this to several factors including the decision of many Filipino women not to have children or to delay marriage and having kids until they are in their 30s.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/942804/philippine-news-updates-breast-cancer-dr-christina-galvez-philippine-breast-cancer-society-bibeth-orteza

HongKongPhooey
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

From one of the articles cited by the OP.

While the cause has yet to be pinpointed, medical experts have attributed this to several factors including the decision of many Filipino women not to have children or to delay marriage and having kids until they are in their 30s.

Tragic but I would think the cause of the high rate is probably some of the other factors excluding Filipinas not having kids. Just a guess anecdotally.

kind of calls thier credibility into question but need for awareness nonetheless.

Edited by HongKongPhooey

TequilaSunset
14 hours ago, Dafey said:

Also it doesn't allow for inspection! I know that sounds crass but I inspect my wife's breasts for lumps monthly, (if not more)

If you really loved her it would be daily, just saying

• Haha 1

lamoe
13 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

If you really loved her it would be daily, just saying

There's a difference between a  thorough general inspection and a more localized one.

Difference is in results expected. :tongue_01:

Ex-wife's family had a history, so she was very  concerned -  did her own

I did the once a month exam - had GYNO show me how in case she missed one  - did - turned out to be beguine.

Kreole

I highly doubt that late pregnancy has anything to do with the cause.  Remember this is a country with one of the highest incidence of young single mothers and birthrates in the world.  I believe it has to be environmental causes, such as poor sanitation and access to clean drinking water and of course exposure to pollution.

• Like 1

Headshot

The Philippines probably has a lot higher cancer rate (all types) than the records show. There are high levels of chemical and heavy metal contamination in the ground water (where most drinking water in the Philippines is sourced). When my wife's sister was diagnosed and died of leukemia, the doctor entered kidney failure as the cause of death. Therefore, if it happened there, it may be happening a lot where a final symptom is listed as the cause of death rather than the actual cause (cancer). Cancer is, indeed, clustered in the Philippines. Several children from the neighborhood where my wife grew up died from leukemia.

For that reason, I have no doubt that the cancer rates are a lot higher than admitted to by the government. And the rates are certainly higher than a number that any international organization would have access. In this case, I would tend to believe the Philippine source over any international source, since they are closer to the data and might have sources the international organizations do not.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1