Enuff

Pot Roast Sunday

Dafey
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

ossed into our huge crock pot and added 7 big potatoes and 8 big carrots sliced up, 6 small onions and Lipton onion soup mix along with 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Celery soup.

Nice! Sometime ad a quartered apple...adds a real subtle but sweet taste to the meat

• Like 2

RogerDat

Where did you get the soup please?

cookie47

Surprisingly SM Consolacion has a fair array of Campbell's soups (in tin).

I took notice as i like their cream of chicken.

Label design looks same as Aus....
I didn't buy to test, (got sidetracked)....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Semper paratus

I can find all the ingredients in Dumaguete except the Lipton Onion soup mix, the Campbell's Celery soup and the beef rump roast. 

How did yours turn out ? 

Enuff
Where did you get the soup please?

BB box, impossible to find here

Cream of mushroom is everywhere even found cream of chicken and cream of broccoli, no cream of celery though.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

cookie47

Iprice Ph.

Never used them, more of a LAZADA person.... ae3d4fd0fbe95128294afbda9ff96632.jpg

• Haha 1

yingy52
6 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Iprice Ph.

Never used them, more of a LAZADA person.... ae3d4fd0fbe95128294afbda9ff96632.jpg

4 US bucks for a can of soup is kinda pricey right?  Maybe not. I pay P129 for a can of Hormel chili with beans at S&R. Finally found some refried beans last Sun when we went. The gf likes to mix the beans half and half with ground pork when she makes lumpia shanghai. Delicious.

You made my mouth water with that stew recipe.

cookie47
4 US bucks for a can of soup is kinda pricey right?  Maybe not. I pay P129 for a can of Hormel chili with beans at S&R. Finally found some refried beans last Sun when we went. The gf likes to mix the beans half and half with ground pork when she makes lumpia shanghai. Delicious.
You made my mouth water with that stew recipe.
Yeh now you come to mention it a bit pricy.

$1.70 in Australia.

Anyway i was just pointing out availability here rather than cost..

• Like 1

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, yingy52 said:

I pay P129 for a can of Hormel chili with beans at S&R

I just bought the same thing here in Florida and it cost $2 a can.

Considering your's had to be shipped halfway around the world, P129 isn't that bad...

• Like 3

yingy52
3 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yeh now you come to mention it a bit pricy.

$1.70 in Australia.

Anyway i was just pointing out availability here rather than cost..

Ya I get you. And thanx. Sometimes I splurge a little if I want a taste of the back home food. Once in awhile I make everybody a standard US breakfast of hash browns, bacon, easy over eggs with toast. I love it but they don't get to excited about it.

yingy52
4 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I just bought the same thing here in Florida and it cost $2 a can.

Considering your's had to be shipped halfway around the world, P129 isn't that bad...

I put 2 and a half cases in my cart on Sun. My son likes it too. I've been shopping there for almost 2 years and they have it every time. I also get the sharp cheddar cheese blocks imported from the US.  

Salty Dog
On 11/3/2018 at 6:22 PM, Enuff said:

Just arrived back from the Consolacion wet market. Go a beautiful beef rump roast for p300 kg ($2.57 lb USD).

Tossed into our huge crock pot and added 7 big potatoes and 8 big carrots sliced up, 6 small onions and Lipton onion soup mix along with 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Celery soup.

Set it on low and about 1pm, when we get back from church a feast will be upon us.

I've been telling my wife I'm going to cook one for her since she's never had one.

Oddly enough, my receipt is pretty much the same as yours, except I use Cream of Mushroom instead of Cream of Celery.

Enuff
I've been telling my wife I'm going to cook one for her since she's never had one.
Oddly enough, my receipt is pretty much the same as yours, except I use Cream of Mushroom instead of Cream of Celery.
I despise cream of mushroom. I despise mushrooms in general. If I could ever escape the phobia of mushrooms I would use cream of mushroom soup and probably save a lot of headache and cash.

I just can't let it slip.

• Haha 1

Enuff

I've got a bag of pinto beans itching to be soaked.

Probably cook them up in the crock pot too with some assorted veges (carrots, peas, corn, potatoes, onion, garlic) and add in 2 kilos of fresh spicy sausage.

If I make it thick enough it will cover a bowl of rice nicely, similar to a jumblia

• Like 1