Ft Myers FL to CEB, pricing and layovers.

I have been doing my price search for Mar 2019 trip for 60 days from Ft Myers Fl to Ceb.

I am finding some very reasonable prices, until I look closely.  The trip to Cebu usually is under 30 hours, which is reasonable and what I would expect.

Then when I look at return trip it will be up around 40 hours or more with a loooooong layover at JFK,  which I find unacceptable.  Of course I can choose other return trips and pay a premium, the shorter the trip the more the premium.

Example a $1000 round trip with a 2 long layovers on the return trip, layovers can be reduced by paying a hefty premium, say $500 (US)

Anyone know a way to beat what appears to be jacking up price?

Some of the cheaper tickets also include an airport change.   Landing in Newark NJ and having to get to JFK.  I did not bother looking at them as I would guess a $100 trip. 

liquido

I would look at China Eastern flying to Chicago..Try skyscanner.com   and then book a separate trip to Ft Meyer...My friend just booked a trip with them to Chicago round trip for  $597.00....Under 22 hours going and returning... 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Have you tried American from miami to LA to Cebu? Would be Cathay Pacific from LA to HK to Cebu

Thanks for the responses.   I have looked at different options and hesitate to book seperate trips as if one gets delayed and I miss the next flight I am out my $$$$

Looked at booking out of Tampa and Miami, requires a rental car each way but only a couple hour drive.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Wouldn't flying out of Orlando, give you the most options...

RogerDuMond
12 hours ago, Jester said:

Then when I look at return trip it will be up around 40 hours or more with a loooooong layover at JFK,  which I find unacceptable.  Of course I can choose other return trips and pay a premium, the shorter the trip the more the premium.

Singapore airlines out of West Palm is $1052 the return is 40 hours, but because there are 5 stops. The longest layover is 5 hours in Singapore. SA is a great airline, they treat you well.

Thanks for the input.  For some reason I did not look at Orlando.  I check Ft Myers, Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Tampa,  I also looked at Atlanta.  I could have visited a friend by departing from there.

My best flight out of FT Myers with decent connections, reasonable departure times etc was $1267 each, includes a Delta flight to JFK so I am pretty sure would be adding $30 a bag times 4 a total of $2650.

Very long time ago maybe 2005 as I was shopping for fares I found a couple cheap ones, but just kept on shopping and when I went back the cheap fares were gone, disappeared, never to be seen again.

So this time when I spotted an unusually low fare I snapped it up!  I got 2 round trip tickets out of Ft Lauderdale for $753 each including tax!   I went back to do a screen shot to post but that fare is long gone never to be seen again. Jet blue to JFK so should not be any baggage charges?? Then LAX to Ft Lauderdale on the return.

Not as big a savings as it looks as I will also have to rent a car each way and will likely get a hotel around FT lauderdale both ways.  I have reasonable departure times,  short layovers.  You guys will pooh pooh the Air line but I do not travel well so don't care if I am on Aisiana or China Eastern,  I will be miserable either way and more concerned with getting it over with.

Total time to the P's is 29 hour 48 minutes and the return is 29 hours and 20 minutes.

Also need to talk about trip insurance but will start a new thread for that.  

The fare, hotel, rental car, tolls should come to a minimum of $1900 which is still a considerable savings.

Booked on Cheap O Air by the way.

• Thanks 1

Opps, had too many windows open and missed it.

aaa.PNG

• Thanks 1