Washer/Dryer from abroad... BAD Purchase!

death_by_cupcake

death_by_cupcake
20 minutes ago, Bama said:

Here is a long thread from the archives where this subject discussed at length.

Thanks so much!  I'll dig into this.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• death_by_cupcake

• Woolf

• Bama

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a Samsung 6kg frontload washing machine from Imperial Appliance in Mandaue for p26k. Never looked back. We average 3 to 4 loads every day. Almost 2 years old now. The whites are still presoa

Sort of kidding about moving or selling the unit to someone in the VECO area.  That's a tough one.  Perhaps you should talk with your company.  Offhand maybe using a voltage divider would work. 

Sell the unit or rewire the supply we used a guy named romy who remodled our house its all in the plug pm me if you want his phone

Bama beat me about the link to fordtechs problem

the conclusion for fordtech was, that he could not make it work

As was debated in the fordtech thread----does the OP's dryer actually have 2 circuits in it---220 V for the heater and 120V for everything else ? If so then it seems plausible to use a step down for the 120V side and house wiring for the 220V.Obviously the single 220V line would have to be split off at some point or another single 220V line brought in.

It would be unconventional---perhaps unsafe to an extent--but something to consider before I gave up on 1400 USD.The devil is in the details though isn't it?

What is the brand model of the washer dryer??

may be able to find a schematic on the net 

cupcake      are you in cebu city ??     veco supply area  ??

Edited by Woolf
55 minutes ago, Woolf said:

cupcake      are you in cebu city

His icon suggest that he is in CC.

Dryer details from first post:

GE Unitized Spacemaker® 3.8 DOE cu. ft. Capacity Washer with Stainless Steel Basket and 5.9 cu. ft. Capacity Electric Dryer

2 minutes ago, Bama said:

His icon suggest that he is in CC.

and say female

I am asking about location as cupcake  said neutral + hot

veco supply area is  2 hots

• Like 1
RogerDat

As a note, hot water heaters that are used on a washer, must be the multi outlet type, like a washer/shower use.

Plumbing parts here are mostly from China, and same brand / lot are suggested if you want it to work with little fuss, in other words, buy everything from same store / lot /maker, or it might not work.

My washer / dryer is US made, bought it here in 208 I think, was made for Asia voltage, so no problems there, and it does not have cb in it. Marker of OP shows near Robinson's so should be able to get a transformer there. Might be cheaper. 

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1
SkyMan
15 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

As a note, hot water heaters that are used on a washer, must be the multi outlet type, like a washer/shower use.

What if you just use 1 at a time?

SkyMan
34 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I am asking about location as cupcake  said neutral + hot

veco supply area is  2 hots

@death_by_cupcake Who told you you have 220v and ground?  The 'electrician' that told you you need 3 phase power?

7 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

What if you just use 1 at a time?

for single point water heaters (shower water heater) water must be turned on and off before the heater

for multi point water heaters the water is turned on and off after the heater

SkyMan
42 minutes ago, Woolf said:

for single point water heaters (shower water heater) water must be turned on and off before the heater

for multi point water heaters the water is turned on and off after the heater

I thought the heater came on when there was flow?  So you leave the heater turned on high and when the shower mixer is used the water flows so it heats.  Or, if the washer is used there is a demand so the heater heats.

2 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I thought the heater came on when there was flow?  So you leave the heater turned on high and when the shower mixer is used the water flows so it heats.  Or, if the washer is used there is a demand so the heater heats.

Yes, that is how it works for a multi point instant water heaters

single point are different (single points normally used as shower heaters) 

SkyMan
5 minutes ago, Woolf said:

single point are different (single points normally used as shower heaters)

Normally yes, but doesn't the single point also shut off when there isn't any flow?  I thought the only difference was multi-use was made for larger volume.  If you used single point for shower and washer at the same time you might only get warm from either.

Edited by SkyMan