Sign in to follow this  
philuk

In Hot Water

philuk

I am still living in the UK at present but we are intending to return to the Phils in the near future and build our own place,

Anyways the basic design is drawn up, and am planing the electrics and plumbing,

The wife says there is no need for a hot water system just cold, however i like the idea of having two taps on a hand basin with hot and cold water

just wondering what you guys think ???????

Ginamos

Agree with your wife, when we built our house we never bothered with a hot water system, can't say I've regretted it.

The most you need to install is a tankless water heater for the shower, should only cost around 7,000-10,000 pesos, but you don't even have to bother with that.

LasVEgasRon

I found when I was there the shower was cold to me and I really missed a hot shower. I like the hot water to wash hands and I'm sure it would do a better job when washing dishes. But everyone has their own idea and if you can afford it install it, I would.

RBS

The only time I really hiss having hot water in the Philippines is when shaving. Then I just put the kettle on and heat up what I need.

Gas is much cheaper than electricity for heating. I haven't seen instantaneous gas hot-water systems in the Philippines, but I am sure they are available. If so, consider installing one for the hand basin.

Terp

Build the house with the plumbing for both cold and hot water in the CR's, should only cost a couple hundred pesos per CR at the most.

Then after moving in, just leave the plumbing as is and if you feel the need for hot water install a electric instaneous hot water heater later on.

By the way I shower with warm/hot water and I seem to feel cleaner as compared to using cold.

Mik

Hot water for the shower is a necessity for me. We have a well and the water can be quite cool in the morning, especially during rainy weather. Taking a nice warm shower sure feels good. Hot water is really not needed for the kitchen or laundry.

smokey
Hot water for the shower is a necessity for me. We have a well and the water can be quite cool in the morning, especially during rainy weather. Taking a nice warm shower sure feels good. Hot water is really not needed for the kitchen or laundry.

i agree we have a hot water heater and i dont see how dishes can be cleaned in cold water and i like to shower in warm water and wash my hands in hot water.... also no hot water will set the tone on who will buy your house is you ever do sell ....

Jim Sibbick
I am still living in the UK at present but we are intending to return to the Phils in the near future and build our own place,

Anyways the basic design is drawn up, and am planing the electrics and plumbing,

The wife says there is no need for a hot water system just cold, however i like the idea of having two taps on a hand basin with hot and cold water

Showers in the morning aren't just cold, they are f..... cold! If you need early morning showers, you will apreciate having it with warm water.

My warm shower is a a kettle of hot water mixed with cold water in a bucket. Delivered in shower form by a 6 volt camp shower.

If I had mains pressure, I would have an instant electric hot wat water system in the shower. As another poster said, they are quite cheap.

Regards: Jim

Edited by Jim Sibbick

Paul

God, I didn't realize there were so many wimps on this forum. :angry::D :D

Cold water here is nothing. It's not as cold as cold water in the west.

As hot as your Filipina wife will make you, a cold shower will do you good. :)

indiana

man paul you said it i enjoy the water only one tap :) . no hot water for me i also do not have aircon.

philuk

Thanks for all the sugestions guys n girls,

I do like a hot shower and intend to install electric instant showers in the CR's , fitted one in Nanays house when we went there in Jan this year and even they loved having a hot shower, maybe i will add hot water for the CR basins but forget it for the kitchen, but if all its gonna take is a few metres of pipe then may as well do it all

solar hot water is also a great option,

again thanks for the tips Phil

katja06

i just run through this thread and got thoughts to say,

hot water was essential for my family washing clothes and washing dishes and specifically taking a shower to kill the bacteria in the water.

it just happen that my kids got boils and so does my husband when they were there in cebu without using hot water

smokey

hot and cold if your retiring why do you want to suffer ... i like a hot shower and i think having hot water in the kitchen and to wash hands is a good thing

Angie
Hot water for the shower is a necessity for me.

The same here, Mike. With my arthritic hands, I badly need hot water to wash my hands. I also love taking hot shower before going to bed especially when I am tired, hot shower soothes my tired muscles.

MattFromGA

If I want a hot shower, I just take one around 3pm and the "cold" water is now hot. Of course, its not scorching hot like a hot water tank can do.

Cold showers in the morning can be a pain in the butt, but I guess the old men cant take it like the younger guys can.

If you can afford, put in hot water tank/solar. I worked for a hot water solar panel manufacturer once years ago in Phoenix. They have to be maintained to function, so you better have access to the people that know what they are doing.

mdb

As far as I am concerned if you can afford it put instant hot water heaters at least for the showers. The wife also likes one for the kitchen. I do not care if I am a wimp or not, at least I am confortable.

Siuk

The only time I miss hot water is if I take a shower at night. Too cold! Of course, during the day you have free hot water, and if it's a hot day it's hot to the point where you'd need to turn the heat down, if you could.

smokey

always plan for the day you will sell ... if your building and its a subdivision no hot water system may mean you will have a harder time selling... I found a house in Beverly Hills and i like the house and the place but it had no hot water and i passed just a thought..

aka

I didn't think you Poms washed at all anyway???? :lol:;):D

USMC-Retired

I just installed a hot water instant on after 2 years of being here. It is a world of diffrence. I feel cleaner the dishes are cleaner. It is the best thing I could have done. Cold is refreshing and nice on a hot summer day. But late night showers and early morning showers the hot water is nice. I no longer have to spray on spray off like a kid with a garden hose.

LasVEgasRon

I don't know about you but the water is too cold to have any fun. I like an assistant to scrub my back and have fun in the shower. Too hard to play "Drop the Soap" with cold water. I will install "Hot water" next time I go back.

Lee

Cold showers are great sometimes, but I think that there is nothing like a nice hot shower to soothe aching muscles and definitely to shave with. I highly recommend an on demand hot water heater hooked to the bathroom sink and the shower, that is what we did, but I sure wish there had been a way to also hook it to our kitchen sink for dish washing as well. Our next place will have the kitchen hooked up too.

Babydamulag

We are currently building our house in Culasi, Antique. We have been looking for hot water pipe (C-PVC) to connect our 30 gallon hot water heater. We have been "NOT-SO-LUCKY" in locating C-PVC or the other products used for hot water heaters and pipes.....

This is frustrating for us since it holding up the rest of construction on our house. Does anyone know of a C-PVC supplier? HELP!!!

Paul

I can't help you with your question, but please read the rules of this forum, prior to adding any links to your signature or profile. (Currently, there is a direct link to the rules & Guidelines in my signature. There is another one at the top of the page, left side.)

Thanks,