aussiedon
You ever find the photo?

looking. its in there somewhere.

aussiedon
looking. its in there somewhere.

Here it is , I hope

post-4770-1241912212_thumb.jpg

samatm

Thanks Don.. l'm more amazed that your cat wears a uniform.

Joe Kano

The last time in Cebu I visited an American friend who built a nice house on Bohol. As he was showing me around his garden I asked about Cobras. He said a small one was recently found under a maid's bed. How it got in the house he had no idea. He said over the years he periodically heard of neighbors dying from snake bites as the hospital in Bohol doesn't carry Cobra antivenom - something about it being perishable after a certain amount of time. He also said that sometimes when he would send a local up a tree to cut down some coconuts, they would come down quickly saying there's a snake living in the branches.

tom_shor
He also said that sometimes when he would send a local up a tree to cut down some coconuts, they would come down quickly saying there's a snake living in the branches.

Keeps the rats out of your coconuts. ;)

rainymike

Aargh, all snakes scare the piss out of me.

And that trousers snake .... hmmm ... I'm gonna make sure I inspect the toilet before sitting. It's probably a good idea to protect my peepee under other circumstances as well.

tom_shor
Aargh, all snakes scare the piss out of me.

And that trousers snake .... hmmm ... I'm gonna make sure I inspect the toilet before sitting. It's probably a good idea to protect my peepee under other circumstances as well.

If he tries to bite mine I will club him to death with it. B) :D

Smithje

Hi...

We live in Basak, Mandaue, Cebu.......and just tonight my G'daughter called me to her room where there was like a 3 inch long "snake" on the floor. It was like dark brown, but looking under the magnifying glass (after killing it) it appeared to have an "oily" coating on it. Pretty smooth skin.

Too late now , but if another shows up I'll keep it in a jar and send to the university herpatology to see what kind it is.

Of course, my wife's relative said...oh I killed one of those a coupla weeks ago!!!

We do get centipedes now and then.....

Thanks...any responses...please send.

Jim Smith, Retired, here since FEB 09

Smithje

Jim from Basak Mandaue again.....this small critter could have been a "udto-udto" or "tona" snake.....????

Paul

I don't know. But I'm curious too.

Jay
Every time I visit Albuera on Leyte, I hear another story of some one dead from a cobra.

Kids are always being bitten when playing along the river.

The only one I ever saw was a baby slithering across the front yard. I thought it was a big worm until told otherwise. Apparently they can kill too!

Regards; Jim

I read that baby poisonous snakes are often more deadly than adult ones because the babies inject all of their venom where adults use just a wee bit. The babies haven't yet learned to control the amount.

Irishguy

Well self control is important Jay :D

patrickau

before i met my girl that lives in naga she said when i go there to naga she will take me hiking through the mountains when i actually got there i said aare there many snakes up there and are they poisonous and she replies yes many snakes we just shoo them away with a stick im thinking 2 myself hmmm that sounds like it would piss the snakes off more than anything and im no steve irwin so i declined her offer on the nature walk now im glad i did after reading this post.