RogerDuMond

Potting Soil

RogerDuMond

Has anybody seen bags, 5 to 50 kilos, of potting soil during your travels around Cebu?

Dafey

The problem I had in Cebu was getting clean soil. There were weeds and bugs and all sorts of biological nasties including nematode.

Depending on what you're growing you may need to go with expensive import.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/5-kilos-soil-less-potting-mix-i261993365-s362078322.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.7.4af43367wook0j&search=1

This is sterilized soil so if you are using pots you won't need to worry about the bad stuff.

• Like 2

Headshot

James had a thread a couple of years ago on making your own potting soil. Maybe that would be a good place to start if you can find it.

Edit: Compost

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/62147-rooftop-organic-compost-pile-simple-to-do-anyplace-anywhere-anytime/

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Detour
5 hours ago, Headshot said:

James had a thread a couple of years ago on making your own potting soil. Maybe that would be a good place to start if you can find it.

Edit: Compost

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/62147-rooftop-organic-compost-pile-simple-to-do-anyplace-anywhere-anytime/

Any chance of the photos reappearing?

Pictures do tell a thousand words...

cookie47

Rauls Garden And Landscaping.

Sitio, Kawayan, Taud, Liloan.

0995 233 5931

My wife an avid gardener bought 20 bags. Looks to me its bagged up with used rice bags. 20kilos????? (so i guess its mixed bulk and then bagged)....

Was told it contains all that's needed including fertilizer.

VERY VERY visibly different from what I'm used to seeing in Australia but my wife told me that its "Philippines style". In other words MYOB.. haha

The proof is that her flowers/palms in large pots are thriving also the vegetables which are in ground..

We are in Consolacion and delivery was no problem and cheap..I haven't been to the location personally (been a bit sick)

Hope this is of some help not knowing you location......

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

Headshot
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Rauls Garden And Landscaping.

I wonder if you know if they also carry mulch (normally rice husks here). I need to replenish the mulch in my garden areas.

• Like 1

wondersailor

The potting soil is so bad here that I have given up trying to germinate any seeds in it. I have switched to coco peat and am going hydroponic in a small way. We will see how that goes.

• Like 2

cookie47
I wonder if you know if they also carry mulch (normally rice husks here). I need to replenish the mulch in my garden areas.
Asked wife,

Cow manure, Rice Husk,
And of course the potting mix.

• Thanks 1

cookie47
The potting soil is so bad here that I have given up trying to germinate any seeds in it. I have switched to coco peat and am going hydroponic in a small way. We will see how that goes.
Visually the potting mix to me was "strange" looking, but cant complain with the results...

RR3

Our local plant woman sells bags of goat manure (burnt) with rice husk. Works good. 

Rice husk You can buy at any rice mill, dirt cheap; 20p a big sack.