New Yorkers excited over the opening Jollibee Manhattan

• Administrator
Dafey

image.thumb.png.79ab7e0073c0514550eaf044dacb1484.png

Jollibee Manhattan opened its store in New York on a rainy Saturday morning amidst warm welcomes from customers lined up and netizens who eagerly posted reviews and testimonials about the homegrown Filipino restaurant chain.

Located in the heart of New York, the newest Jollibee store in the United States attracted both US-based Filipinos and native New Yorkers who trooped to the October 27 opening.

Chickenjoy, the Jollibee fried chicken which was been hailed in the top 10 of America’s best fried chickens, was seen being enjoyed by Broadway’s Aladdin Filipino cast members Angelo and Don Darryl who were visibly happy at having a taste from home.

Tweets of “Please open up a Jollibee in the state of…” spread over the Twitterverse pleading for the next store to open in their state. Pictures of families and friends bonding over Jollibee food also spread across social media.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/offbeat/new-yorkers-and-netizens-excited-over-the-opening-jollibee-manhattan/ar-BBP2VQN?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 1
Province-life

Lol I saw on Youtube one opened in London last week, people were queuing for 6 hours.

Think I'd give it miss, prices are the same/more than KFC & Mcdonalds.

• Like 1
CardiacKid

American dogs are better fed and harder to catch. Also, unable to source a steady supply of rancid carabao meat. Shortages such as these drive the Jollibee prices up.

3 hours ago, Province-life said:

Lol I saw on Youtube one opened in London last week, people were queuing for 6 hours.

Think I'd give it miss, prices are the same/more than KFC & Mcdonalds.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

people like a taste of the junk food from home.

the one in houston has a red ribbon next to it

and another mom and pop type filipino restaurant and a small filipino/asian store

we have not went to the mom and pop place yet but will probably next time we go to houston

SkyMan
12 hours ago, Dafey said:

Pictures of families and friends bonding over Jollibee food also spread across social media.

Hmmmmm, article by a Filipino me thinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, broden said:

people like a taste of the junk food from home.

Very true...how many of you go to McDonald's, Burger King or KFC for comfort food while in the Phils?

• Like 2
SkyMan
53 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Very true...how many of you go to McDonald's, Burger King or KFC for comfort food while in the Phils?

Been to McDs a couple times, never ate anything.  I think I've eaten once or twice at KFC.  Never been to BK.  In over 10 years.  If you ever see me in a line for a fast food place just kill me.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dafey said:

I only eat out at Domino's, Pizza Hut, KFC, Shakeys, Burger King or McDonald's, sometimes ChowKing but then again I don't' travel anymore.

liquido

I just cant see New Yorkers getting excited about JB's because New Yorkers know good chow when they see it...Soooo many better places there to choose from..

• Thanks 2
Headshot
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Hmmmmm, article by a Filipino me thinks.

And the title is somewhat misleading, too. More accurate would be, "Filipinos Living in New York Excited Over Jollibee Opening. I doubt seriously that anybody else in New York is at all excited about this.

• Like 3
lolhahaha

I think the long lines are only because it takes them 20-30 minutes to take your order and get your food.  Whenever my wife decides that shes gotta have Jollibee when we go to the city I just go eat somewhere else and am usually finished by the time she gets her food. Then I'll watch her eat and of course she tries to give me 1/2 her food too. She even likes the spaghetti, which I have to remind her isn't really spaghetti but at least when we go to the US she won't have to miss it since they sell it in the can there.

image.png.6e96c942a2df21f0eaa935c8b78b1c93.png

• Like 1

I foresee a jollibee float at the macy's thanksgiving day parade.

41 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

I think the long lines are only because it takes them 20-30 minutes to take your order and get your food.  Whenever my wife decides that shes gotta have Jollibee when we go to the city I just go eat somewhere else and am usually finished by the time she gets her food. Then I'll watch her eat and of course she tries to give me 1/2 her food too. She even likes the spaghetti, which I have to remind her isn't really spaghetti but at least when we go to the US she won't have to miss it since they sell it in the can there.

image.png.6e96c942a2df21f0eaa935c8b78b1c93.png

I miss the Chef Boyardee spaghetti and it's much better tasting.

• Like 2