lamoe

Passengers no longer allowed in vechiles driving onto RORO

lamoe

Took Lite 88 Ferry yesterday - pier 3 - arrived 12:30 for 1 pm departure - Tata had to get out go into terminal and take the bus - maybe 300 M walk -  while I loaded the Multicab - noticed in front of me was a bus loaded with passengers - her bus - (last one before departure) arrived at 12:55

Was told this is the new procedure for security?

The back bed was loaded with boxes and packages ALL covered with a tarp :db:

Edited by lamoe

Dafey

Whenever we ride Lite Shipping we were always directed for the driver to load and other passengers to take the bus.

Where were you going to?

• Like 1

Headshot

Yeah, only the driver was allowed to be in the vehicle during loading when we used Lite Ferry back in 2010, so this isn't exactly a new rule. No bus was necessary though. My wife just walked aboard. Unloading from the ferry was pretty much the same. Only I was allowed to be in the vehicle until I had it off the ferry and onto the dock. Then my wife got in and away we went.

Gus
Yeah, only the driver was allowed to be in the vehicle during loading when we used Lite Ferry back in 2010, so this isn't exactly a new rule. No bus was necessary though. My wife just walked aboard. Unloading from the ferry was pretty much the same. Only I was allowed to be in the vehicle until I had it off the ferry and onto the dock. Then my wife got in and away we went.
Yeah the bus thing confused me a bit .
Perhaps its just a bus from the ticketing office to the ferry , and then they become walk-ons ..

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Mikal
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Same thing on the FastCat from Pier 3 the middle of last week.  

SkyMan

I usually ride my bike onto the ferry with my wife on the back unless there's a big bump or we have to wait in the sun, then she goes on and gets seats.  We almost always ride off together though.  Sometimes I can ride around the terminal fee collector.  She tells me they want a terminal fee.  I say, Oh.