Road Rage in the Philippines

If you ever want  a "you gotta be sh!tting me" experience here - try explaining that in the US we

stop at stop lights even at night when there is no traffic.

Don't force way into traffic that has the green light

USE TURN SIGNALS & HEADLIGHTS

They don't have road rage here - more like road rudeness

• Like 1
Headshot
2 minutes ago, lamoe said:

They don't have road rage here - more like road rudeness

There is plenty of road rage here.

• Like 3
Just now, Headshot said:

There is plenty of road rage here.

To be honest, in the 18 Months I've been here, have not seen what I'd refer to as road rage - drivers getting out  and having a go at it - or even yelling at each other

• Like 2
Headshot
24 minutes ago, lamoe said:

To be honest, in the 18 Months I've been here, have not seen what I'd refer to as road rage - drivers getting out  and having a go at it - or even yelling at each other

They show their rage differently than Americans, but it is still rage.

30 minutes ago, lamoe said:

If that is the definition of "road rage ", this year I have seen maybe 2-3, where people get off and start to get angry. In this situations I want to get away as soon as traffic permits (so I do not know what happens next)...I noticed it happens more because of motorbikes getting involved (clipping / touching cars).  It is just unavoidable and of course some car drivers get angry at these bikes, trying to squeeze through.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Been clipped  twice when light turns green and I'm the lead vehicle before I learned to just let them go first.

Automatic no fumbling with shifting, release parking / hand  brake  -  step on gas

Except the motors are accustomed to that 1 sec? delay typical of stick shift drivers here  and use that delay to shoot from left and right sides to get ahead - my fault of course for actually moving when they do.

Many go only 30 Km/h? after getting in front  and I'm ramping up to 40 (50 / 75 Km/h are limits in Rockford proper - 100 on outskirts - but 40 now seems fast )

Now I just let them go and pass later down the road. Tap horn of course , most  move from center of lane - some don't

• Like 1
SkyMan
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Many go only 30 Km/h?

Some people spend so much time bumper to bumper that when they have open pavement they are clueless.  I really think some are relieved when some other slow arse pulls in front of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
to_dave007

Seems to me there was some road rage incidents I've heard about that resulted in gun shots.  

EDIT....  damn Woolf you were 2 seconds ahead of me

Edited by to_dave007
musicman666

Lol...in my first week of driving here in Cebu I acctually got out and rapped on the taxi drivers window to get out but he wouldn’t .....what the hell was I thinking! 

• Like 2
Goetz1965

This is my kind of road rage hehehe - I really think about getting a speaker installed outside the car so that I can yell at them "Get your f**** car out of my way!"
I post my dashcam videos to the Cebu Road Heroes group from time to time. and for more fun (without my content) you should visit Cebu Idiot Drivers group too 

In the vid you can't see their lights on the other side of the crossing turning yellow and red but still the Jeepney AND the red car go over red.
So I have green and I go - I just let the red car pass in front - BECAUSE if I would go the cars behind me would follow me and leaving the red one blocking the left lane.
So I do care for traffic - but maybe no longer in the future - to teach them a lesson more.

Edited by Goetz1965
SkyMan
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

so that I can yell at them "Get your f**** car out of my way!"

Probably better to have 8 or 10 buttons on the dash with  preset Cebuano shouts so they don't know you're a kano. I would use a few quite often.  "You can effing go now." "You only get 1 lane ahole." "Signaling for a turn does NOT give you ROW." ....

Headshot
23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

"You only get 1 lane ahole."

I drive on Quezon Avenue quite often, and their are so many idiots who think it is acceptable to drive in both lanes AND drive as if there is a 6 kph speed limit. Incredible.

30 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

"Signaling for a turn does NOT give you ROW." ....

...especially when they have driven on the sidewalk, in oncoming lanes or squeezed their vehicle between the lanes to get to where they are. Self-important people will always try to get ahead by breaking the rules because they don't feel the rules are for them. Let them rot.

• Like 1
Goetz1965

My rule is simple - if the SIGN I let them in - if they don't sign I horn and drive on - and to my surprise they all obey !

• Like 1