Sign in to follow this  
BossHog

Typhoon Yutu/Rosita (23 Oct 2018)

SkyMan
On 10/26/2018 at 5:03 PM, Bama said:

Who can forget this pic showing the total destruction of Guiuan?131111122404-01-aerials-1111-horizontal-large-gallery.thumb.jpg.d85b13e6fa4bd97ad81e7db6c2920344.jpg

Yeah but what did the before pic look like?

MickyG

NCR we now a nice  cooling Northerly set in. A little overcast ,schools suspended as warning signal 1 hoisted. 

Not expecting much, except perhaps some rain.

Dafey
1 hour ago, MickyG said:

NCR we now a nice  cooling Northerly set in. A little overcast ,schools suspended as warning signal 1 hoisted. 

Not expecting much, except perhaps some rain.

Good luck man...hope your power stays on

MickyG

yes its all good here/ the light fresh breeze is still great

• Like 1

Dafey

Give us reports from time to time if you can as the storm progresses.

rfm010
13 hours ago, Dafey said:

Give us reports from time to time if you can as the storm progresses.

Dark at the moment.

it was a nice northerly breeze, but sunny most of the day.  This has all the makings of a binary storm, when it is here it is here, but not much in the way of pre or post storm action.  

Trick or treating in the sub tomorrow evening, i dont see it being rained out.

rfm010

drizzly rain started around 8am, good rain for a michigan farmer in mid-july.  no breeze to speak of but cool enough that i will probably be forced to do the sort of work in the attic that gets put off for a day like today.

• Like 2

MickyG

darker and more cloudy, just a spot of rain here and there. wonderful cool Northerly breeze turning to northwest as the storm buzz saws it way over Northern Luzon.  Humidity close to nothing, just wonderful

• Like 2

MickyG

Winds have died down and will probably stay that way until the storm clears the land into the South China sea where it may reform. Rain is now a steady drizzle, still cool , humidity is climbing as winds have dropped. 

I suspect another nasty little monster is now trying to form.  8.43N  /  162.31E.   This  one started just above the equator about 5 days ago is very slow, now building a full circumfrence.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-200.85,8.15,1306/loc=162.309,8.432

Then again, it could be gone by tomorrow.

Edited by MickyG
  • Like 3

rfm010

Rains began to pick up at about 4, now a good steady rain, of the sort my mother would tell me to go out and play in.  

Kids should be arriving soon for trick or treat, damn well better, got about 3000 pieces of candy sitting around.

yingy52
6 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

Rains began to pick up at about 4, now a good steady rain, of the sort my mother would tell me to go out and play in.  

Kids should be arriving soon for trick or treat, damn well better, got about 3000 pieces of candy sitting around.

It's been raining lightly since about 3 pm. Windy once in awhile. Drove to get some lechon manok about 4pm. Now the rain is becoming steady and once in awhile a good downpour.

I'm just outside of Manila in Cavite Province.

MickyG

Yes rain intensified for  awhile now just back to drizzle.

Not much in the way of wind just a light breeze

A dreak day in Alabang

yingy52
6 minutes ago, MickyG said:

Yes rain intensified for  awhile now just back to drizzle.

Not much in the way of wind just a light breeze

A dreak day in Alabang

You must be pretty wealthy if you live near Alabang. I'm just a poor boy.:sad_01:

MickyG

No, my wife's folks are.  i qualify as the poor relation

Dafey

Glad you guys made out okay! On to the next one...