Sign in to follow this  
Leo

what does this mean?

Leo

kinain ng ang Pinoy ang gulay kailan ito sa walang mayroon saing!

sam12six

Filipino people eat vegetables whenever there's no rice?

I'm not really good at reading tagalog, but that'd be my guess.

Steve

My wife just said that the sentence construction is broken and it's hard to determine what is being said just that it's about food. Possibly "Filipinos eat vegetables even without rice".

Leo

Good I constructed it using the onlin e dictionary and I posted it on mt best friend's friendster with a picture of a broccoli. It will make her laugh... saing was supposed to mean cooked: the pinoy ate the vegetable even it was not cook! ;)

But rice works better hahaha it's more funny.

Leo
Good I constructed it using the onlin e dictionary and I posted it on mt best friend's friendster with a picture of a broccoli. It will make her laugh... saing was supposed to mean cooked: the pinoy ate the vegetable even it was not cook! ;)

But rice works better hahaha it's more funny.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1460/photfi...eslinedrawi.gif

Edited by Leo

Leo

By the way, can someone post the complete lyrics to a song that starts: Don si bay bay dakat ...tween akin mabamanas ... of course those are the wrong spellings.

Angie
kinain ng ang Pinoy ang gulay kailan ito sa walang mayroon saing!

Do you want the literal translation of this sentence?

Here it goes:

"eaten by the Filipino the vegetable when it in none there is cook rice" funny huh?

It should be like this, a factual statement:

Kumakain ang mga Filipino ng gulay kahit hindi ito niluto.

Direct Translation: Filipinos eat uncooked vegetables.

Leo

oh very helpful. what does this say? oh, pagkilos dapat sa Filipino Romance Novel ka, ha? -- sipag ikaw lang

Angie
oh very helpful. what does this say? oh, pagkilos dapat sa Filipino Romance Novel ka, ha? -- sipag ikaw lang

I can only give you the literal translation, Leo as I don't know the context of this line.

"oh when move should for Filipino Romance Novel you, ok? -- diligent you only"

I want to think that the speaker is telling the listener that (in a shop or book store) when she/he buys something (obviously a reading material), she/he should go for Filipino Romance Novel and the listener replied by saying this "You're so diligent, you do it alone."

It's too difficult to translate if you will just present fragments of the conversation.

Paul

That will be Php 500, Leo. :)

Okay, another bad joke by me. I'm really becoming horrible with them, aren't I? :D

Leo

I'm just constructing silly comments to post on my friend's mother's friendster. Her daughter wants to write a Filipino romance novel... so i said, better start on your Filipino romance novel, ha? you are a hard worker.

"Silly rainbow sprinkle muffin! The machine gun is not loaded."

Edited by Leo

Angie
I'm just constructing silly comments to post on my friend's mother's friendster. Her daughter wants to write a Filipino romance novel... so i said, better start on your Filipino romance novel, ha? you are a hard worker.

"Silly rainbow sprinkle muffin! The machine gun is not loaded."

better start on your Filipino romance novel, ha? you are a hard worker.

This sentence should be like this in Tagalog

"Mabuti pa, simulan mo na 'yong Filipino Romance Novel mo, masipag ka naman eh."

Hey, I am supposed to be teaching Cebuano, why am I teaching you Tagalog? Hehehehehehe....

Leo

:angry:

I wish I had tried harder to learn Tagalog in Dumaguete. I once failed to learn to sing the filipino anthem... but I could easily learn it now. For my situation, Bisaya is less of an option because I was required to take tagalog classes in silliman. Also, alot of the filipino pocketbooks are tagalog. I'm heavily inspired by stories that have completely happy endings. Also my filipino romance novel BFF is Tagalog. She can't speak Bisaya, and I'm invited to the filipino romance novel website, and it is all in Tagalog.

I've attempted the 0opening line to my filipino romance novel:

"Oh miss rainbow sherbert sprinkle sugar-muffin, the machine gun is not loaded!" Can it be translated?

Edited by Leo