• The Mason

• SkyMan

• Paul

• Marko7

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

What she said!

Paul

I added a link to the Bureau of Immigration's website, on the 13(a) Visa.

HTH

Paul

Paul

I found a form online for you to fill out and submit for the 13(a) Visa.

Forefall

Thanks for posting this, hell of a time saver!

musicman666

i think this should go in a central sticky resource location!!

• 5 months later...
SkyMan

2 questions on the 13A:

First, when I was here in tourist status for a long time I had to fill out some forms and pay p750 for an exit visa. Seemed like an odd scam to me. You have to pay every 2 months to stay longer but then when you want to leave you have to pay that too. Anyway, do you have to get some exit visa or something to leave the PI under 13A?

Second, upon return to the PI would I be able to use the resident line at customs or do I have to wade through the tourist line. Anything else I should know about returning on a 13A?

smokey

2 questions on the 13A:

First, when I was here in tourist status for a long time I had to fill out some forms and pay p750 for an exit visa. Seemed like an odd scam to me. You have to pay every 2 months to stay longer but then when you want to leave you have to pay that too. Anyway, do you have to get some exit visa or something to leave the PI under 13A?

Second, upon return to the PI would I be able to use the resident line at customs or do I have to wade through the tourist line. Anything else I should know about returning on a 13A?

i think you pay over 1,300 its added to the ticket exit fee

2 questions on the 13A:

Exit Clearances

If you meet the following classifications below, you will need to follow the instructions and apply for the proper exit clearance at one of the five BI regional offices. Sub-ports cannot process exit clearance permits. All fees and conditions are subject to change. Normal processing time of 4-5 business days (expedite option available in most cases for +Php500).

1. Tourist: 59 days - 6 months

Tourists staying more than 59 days but less than 6 months must pay an exit clearance fee of Php 1,210. If your date of departure is certain, this can be paid through one of the five BI regional offices; otherwise, the exit fee can be paid at the airport upon your departure.

2. Tourist 6 months+

Tourists staying more than 6 months must obtain an Emigration Elearance Certificate(ECC) from BI. You must submit the proper form along with 3 passport-sized photographs and the fee of Php 1,000.

3. Permanent Resident

Permanent residents temporarily leaving the country must apply for a re-entry permit with BI. Applicant must submit 3 passport-sized photographs, proof of residency status, and the fee of Php 3,470.

The Mason

3. Permanent Resident

Permanent residents temporarily leaving the country must apply for a re-entry permit with BI. Applicant must submit 3 passport-sized photographs, proof of residency status, and the fee of Php 3,470.

Once you have your ACR card you do not need to go to BI before leaving. You can pay the exit clearance fee at the airport and do not need any of the evidence mentioned.

David Spicer

Once you have your ACR card you do not need to go to BI before leaving. You can pay the exit clearance fee at the airport and do not need any of the evidence mentioned.

That's my understanding as well, but you will pay:

P2,880 re-entry fee

P1,620 travel tax (normally in your ticket price)

P750 terminal fee (P550 Cebu)

I am about to apply for this visa, but not really sure how to do the police clearance when I am here.. Any suggestions????

I'm from Virginia in the states.

The Mason

I am about to apply for this visa, but not really sure how to do the police clearance when I am here.. Any suggestions????

I'm from Virginia in the states.

You don't need a police clearance for the 13(a). You need a BI (Bureau of Immigration) clearance but you can get that at BI when you submit your application.