10 year Drivers license

On 10/21/2018 at 10:07 PM, Headshot said:

Before I would believe there is a ten-year license, I would like to see it in writing (from LTO). I just got my license renewed, and they never said anything about the possibility of a ten-year license. Has anybody seen this in the LTO regulations?

I guess you had a 3 years license and now your new license is 5 years

if you read the OP again you will realize that need 5 year license to get a 10 year one

no one have had a 5 year license yet for more than a couple of years

Headshot
8 hours ago, Woolf said:

I guess you had a 3 years license and now your new license is 5 years

if you read the OP again you will realize that need 5 year license to get a 19 year one

no one have had a 5 year license yet for more than a couple of years

The receipt on my previous license was for 5 years, but they only had plastic licenses for 3 years. So, which was it ... a 3-year license or a 5-year license? It was 3 years ago when they changed the duration to 5 years.

However, I'm still not convinced that there is a 10-year license. Show me where it is spelled out in the LTO regulation or website.

Edited by Headshot
5 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The receipt on my previous license was for 5 years, but they only had plastic licenses for 3 years. So, which was it ... a 3-year license or a 5-year license? It was 3 years ago when they changed the duration to 5 years.

I think LTO had some confusion when starting the 5 year license

when it was implemented right, the fee was raised,  so I think that the the licenses with receipt only for 5 years are in fact only valid for  3 years

Headshot
11 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I think LTO had some confusion when starting the 5 year license

when it was implemented right, the fee was raised,  so I think that the the licenses with receipt only for 5 years are in fact only valid for  3 years

Actually, they told me that I could bring the receipt in after 3 years to get another plastic license for the other 2 years. So the receipt dictated the duration of the license, NOT the plastic license. To me, though, going in to get a 2-year extension didn't really make sense, so I opted to just renew the license for another 5 years.

Edited by Headshot
SkyMan

I'll just laminate the receipt and use that for the last 2 years.

TequilaSunset

In Cali I keep getting 3 year extensions since my DL Record is clean. I'm still driving like a bat out of hell on the freeways, 80mph is the sweet spot, above that and you risk a ticket :P 

Headshot
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I'll just laminate the receipt and use that for the last 2 years.

Good luck with that if you need to rent a car in the US using your Philippine drivers license...

• Administrator
Dafey
13 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

In Cali I keep getting 3 year extensions since my DL Record is clean. I'm still driving like a bat out of hell on the freeways, 80mph is the sweet spot, above that and you risk a ticket :P 

I don't know...your credibility just took a dive...I've never been able to manage more than 10 MPH in Cali and that was jumping in behind an ambulance!

image.thumb.png.33358c6c13902ec9fcbc1deb5814d79d.png

TequilaSunset

Hahahaha... Yeah show a photo of I80 before the toll plaza! That crap starts backing up in Berkeley no matter what day... I hate driving there.

Driving I80 past Sacramento... Non commute traffic, the flow is 80-85...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hmmmm 

I wonder what driving in california has to do with a  possible 10 year license in philippines

• Haha 2