Happy Thanksgiving!

cvgtpc1
10 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I cooked a 10 pound turkey yesterday. More than enough for just the two of us. It was supposed to cook for about 3 hours, but was done in less than 2 hours in the convection oven… 

We use a cooking bag, perfect every time.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BossHog

• Salty Dog

• Dafey

• cvgtpc1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't gonna butcher this tom until next Thursday morning but plans changed. Tried to separate him from the flock and force-feed corn for ten days but he acted all crazy like so he got a pre-mature he

Here are some of my pics of a migratory Chinese Goshawk... A resident Philippine Serpent Eagle... And the Brahminy Kite. Many people mistakenly call this the Philippine Eagle but

Posted Images

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

It was supposed to cook for about 3 hours, but was done in less than 2 hours in the convection oven… 

Probably no more than 30 minutes fried in peanut oil.

• Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Only if you know what you're doing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Enough oil to fry a turkey cost more than the turkey… 

• Like 1
Topper

popcorn turkey.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
BossHog

Was all set to settle in Friday morning to a plate of leftover bird, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and pie and watch the Steelers Thursday Night Thanksgiving game.

The Baltimore Co(r)vids all came down with the flu. Game got postponed until Sunday but don't think the left-overs will last that long. 

Now Lamar Jackson has tested positive too so even Sunday don't look good. The league really oughtta make them play or forfeit. Screw these postponements.

• Like 3

Our company here in Saudi usually provides a Thanksgiving dinner for it's employees...turkey, but no ham! Unfortunately, they predicted our annual severe storm yesterday, so Thanksgiving dinner was cancelled at the last minute! Storm turned into a 10 minute rain shower, and the dinner was rescheduled for an hour from now...looking forward to some turkey with all the fixin's, even if it is a day late!

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Oops... :P

127022381_10214733966301446_5615253217333382877_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Black Turkeys Matter.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, BossHog said:

The league really oughtta make them play or forfeit.

Should just cancel. Anything done this season will always be asterisked as the covid season, like the strike season. It's not a real year. 

2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Should just cancel. Anything done this season will always be asterisked as the covid season, like the strike season. It's not a real year. 

2020 - NOT a REAL year. Oh, don't we wish...

• Like 2
Chris24
On 11/27/2020 at 7:09 AM, Salty Dog said:

Just tell them it's Turkey "Al Carbon" which yields more dark meat than other cooking methods.

We had a smoked turkey this year for the first time ever, and it was the best I've ever had!  This one was from a boutique commercial smokehouse (Fritz's meats in Kansas City), but next year I think I'll try smoking one - - have ben planning to get myself my family a pellet smoker for Christmas this year.