Identify This Snake

RogerDuMond
2 hours ago, oztony said:

Would that be a Philippine Cobra ? the markings appear to be a cobra family type .....

I don't think so. This one is grey and very thin. The orange markings are are irregular, just like blobs of color and are only on the front quarter of the snake, the bottom of the snake is white.

5 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I believe that is a paradise tree snake.

1415777346_Paradisetreesnake.jpg.03ac3816ce7f58144e82b6620b534121.jpg

It is a rear-fanged venomous snake. They are also called flying snakes because they launch themselves from tree to tree.

That looks like it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janneo

• cookie47

• Jawny

• fivestarph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have "Identified this snake" , it's actually my favourite type of all snakes ...it's a Dead snake , the best you can get ....congrats on having one ...

Well I'm happy that all turned out well for you and your Son. I urge anyone that may have glossed over this subject and to be fair may have not even thought this knowledge was needed to visit the man

One of my children was bitten by an unidentifed snake.  We immediately went to a hospital ER in Ormoc City.  The on duty physician was clearly overwhelmed with the situation.  None of the nursing staf

Posted Images

Headshot

It's only mildly venomous ... whatever that means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
9 hours ago, Headshot said:

It's only mildly venomous

Thank God!!! I'm only 'Mildly' terrified now!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Jawny

We are surrounded by forested areas, so these are pretty common.  When we see them, they are typically in search for birds nests, probably for eggs or chicks. 

Once in a while we’ve heard them plop down from a flight that was misguided. 

We clear out the nests of maya birds when they get constructed in shrubbery near to our house in an effort to reduce the number of snakes that might search for a meal.

Have caught one climbing a palm tree. 

• Like 2
fivestarph
11 hours ago, Headshot said:

I believe that is a paradise tree snake.

1415777346_Paradisetreesnake.jpg.03ac3816ce7f58144e82b6620b534121.jpg

It is a rear-fanged mildly-venomous snake. They are also called flying snakes because they launch themselves from tree to tree.

Yup we have them in our garden also.

P5117104.JPG

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
SkyMan

Ok, sorry no picture yet.  I looked at this and another snake thread I found but don't see mine.  It's behind a vanity I don't really want to move now or under the TV.  I'll try to flush it later.  It didn't look like it had any particular markings Darker green on top fading gradually to lighter green or almost yellow underneath.  I'm guessing some kind of tree snake?  Now I know why that mouse was putting up such a fuss the other night.  About an inch in diameter at the middle.  Head was already hidden by the time I saw it and when I got my pants on it was gone.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
BossHog
19 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Darker green on top fading gradually to lighter green or almost yellow underneath.  I'm guessing some kind of tree snake? 

Yeah, sounds like an arboreal ratsnake. Pictures would be helpful. Or photos of the bite marks after you move the furniture.

• Like 3
fivestarph

Talking of snakes, I got woken up a few days ago by our dog furiously barking and found this in our carport.

IMG_20210314_060452.jpg

IMG_20210314_060609.jpg

Edited by fivestarph
  • Like 3
SkyMan
11 minutes ago, BossHog said:

arboreal ratsnake

Googled that and I got this...

image.png.72cbcdc1b08804be208a396bc0ec1ee5.png

Which looks pretty close but I don't think it had any different colored tail end.

• Like 1
hyaku

We have had three cobras in less than a week. The dogs took two out. I shot the biggest in the verandah. The usual 1 1/2 meters. Now and again is ok, but it's getting too frequent. The culprit is my neighbor who has not cleaned his land for half a year.  

20210320_214356_001.jpg

SkyMan
1 hour ago, hyaku said:

I shot the biggest in the verandah

That's cool, I didn't know snakes had veradahs.

• Haha 3
Kahuna
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

That's cool, I didn't know snakes had veradahs.

• Haha 1
HeyMike
10 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

A.K.A. the rimshot.

• Like 2
Kahuna
Just now, HeyMike said:

A.K.A. the rimshot.

• Like 1