Business For Expat To Start?

lamoe

Met a guy yesterday in Lapu Lapu who has started a trike business

Bought 4 of the WOW electric tricycles and had them tricked out to carry people

Rear bench seat, cover, side curtains, ceiling lights, etc. Said 60 K P each (1,200 USD)

Rents them out - didn't ask how much - did say he made 30 P dropping fare off near the upholstery shop where we met.

He charges at his house at night

24 hr service - has business cards (well paper slips) with phone number - will run errands also

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• cookie47

• yingy52

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to make a small fortune here come and start with a large fortune.

surprised the local trike mafia have not blown them up

If you want to start a business, do something that the locals don't do and where the learning curve is too great for them to copy. Just as an example, I can sell every kilo of goat meat that I ca

Posted Images

cookie47

My wife's cousin has got a fleet of 20 in Daanbantayan.Just rents them..
We visited a few weeks ago.
Watched the drivers come in for a battery change, not sure of the distance they travel (need to ask),
Batteries are deep cycle, I did wonder how much profit margin is when the batteries need changing.. Same seating setup as you describe..
Same cost p60,000.
There was a few "dead" ones in the yard. I thought of retrieving one for a project but i don't think it would get up the hill at the back of Consolacion..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Semper paratus

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This is it 38 K P - before tricked out

Looked up % grade for electric golf carts - said power not the problem  tire traction is

Finally found out what "road grade" is

45 deg = 100% - 1 foot forward / 1 foot up

30 deg = 58% - 1 foot forward / .58 up

image.png.86d9e4f989caf6521cc56aa857006ba0.png

• Like 1
cookie47
This is it 38 K P - before tricked out
Looked up % grade for electric golf carts - said power not the problem  tire traction is
Finally found out what "road grade" is
45 deg = 100% - 1 foot forward / 1 foot up
30 deg = 58% - 1 foot forward / .58 up

image.png.86d9e4f989caf6521cc56aa857006ba0.png
Yeh, great... the ones in Daanbantayan look a bit more agricultural but basically the same principle and size.

Have been fitted with a full length canopy and a front and rear facing seat.. I think i saw one with a solar panel on Roof....

Thanks for the info regarding their climbing abilities.

I think we're going to Daanbantayan on November 1 so I'm going to follow up....

I saw what you're talking about

Did find this  - Motor type: Brushless Climbing Ability: 8-12degree

12 deg = >20 Slope

image.png.2bd3c710ffbcce9fb271eafdde3b8caa.png

cookie47

After looking around, this is the closest looking picture i can get. f72cbb631bb42b094662c642183af7dc.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Sounds like a Mark twain quote.:cool:

3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

After looking around, this is the closest looking picture i can get. f72cbb631bb42b094662c642183af7dc.jpg

That's a nice one. Are they the ones around 60k in the Phills?

• Like 1
cookie47
That's a nice one. Are they the ones around 60k in the Phills?
Sorry... I cant quote price for sure, i only posted this picture as its the closest to the model(visually) that my wife's cousin has.... I'm looking to get more accurate info soon...

6 hours ago, lamoe said:

Met a guy yesterday in Lapu Lapu who has started a trike business

Bought 4 of the WOW electric tricycles and had them tricked out to carry people

Rear bench seat, cover, side curtains, ceiling lights, etc. Said 60 K P each (1,200 USD)

Rents them out - didn't ask how much - did say he made 30 P dropping fare off near the upholstery shop where we met.

He charges at his house at night

24 hr service - has business cards (well paper slips) with phone number - will run errands also

Was your post intended to get comments about this as a business opportunity?  I’ve seen these sort of tricycles in my area, both gas and electric. I have doubts about buying some for rentals as a business would work out.  At least not in the area I live. Lots to consider if it’s a business (LTO, insurance, BIR etc). 

22 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Sorry... I cant quote price for sure, i only posted this picture as its the closest to the model(visually) that my wife's cousin has.... I'm looking to get more accurate info soon...

Thanx. I'll start getting prices for them tomorrow. Seen similar ones around here in Cavite so will start checking them out. From what my wife told me at least for the 2 wheelers no drivers license or helmut is required for them. Don't know about the LTO part.

NO license needed

Rents to drivers for a flat fee I believe

I have his # if anyone wants to talk to him  - PM me

38 K for WOW - near E mall

27 for one Cali Eco?  in SM city I believe

The agri ones will hold more people but above weight limit?

CDR King

image.thumb.png.89ea3692e2b06a52912c30d5110a2377.png

32 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Was your post intended to get comments about this as a business opportunity?  I’ve seen these sort of tricycles in my area, both gas and electric. I have doubts about buying some for rentals as a business would work out.  At least not in the area I live. Lots to consider if it’s a business (LTO, insurance, BIR etc). 

25 minutes ago, yingy52 said:

Thanx. I'll start getting prices for them tomorrow. Seen similar ones around here in Cavite so will start checking them out. From what my wife told me at least for the 2 wheelers no drivers license or helmut is required for them. Don't know about the LTO part.

Edited by lamoe
cookie47

Well Well, The No license is attractive for me,based on my recent posts and issues in the licence thread.

All I want to go a few ks to Sm Consolacion and Liloan just to get out. Sorry my interest is personal and not business......